The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

Just now, Canuckster86 said:

Whole team can't have size but you do need it at a few different areas on the team, especially playing with your top skilled guys who may be smaller in size to protect them

Agreed, and I'm not advocating icing a team of smurfs. What I'm saying is, we cannot judge a prospects future playoff performance on their current size. How can people say Johnson will be worse than McTavish in the playoffs because he is currently smaller? Sounds so similar to Virtanen will be way better in the playoffs than Ehlers or Nylander because he is bigger. Ya, it could be true, but it also might not be. As I said earlier, size isn't a detractor in the playoffs, but its not the end-all be-all. @HighOnHockey earlier post is much more inline with gauging potential future playoff success.

44 minutes ago, HighOnHockey said:

Every single year? You mean like the one and only time they have in the past decade, two years ago? Man you're really bad at this.

Yeah cause them drafting forwards or a goalie is the better way to go for the team overall yet you literally dont get it.

do yourself a favor and actually read what redwing fans say they need for the team. 99% of them are fine with their group of RHD they have. 

Edited by Bertuzzipunch

1 hour ago, Marv-the-wet-bandit said:

I don’t think you’re close on the projected trade, Buffalo wants 4 1st round caliber assets for Eichel. The only teams with cap space AND the assets to give without burying themselves are the Rangers and Kings. The Rangers seem to be the favourite for Eichel but those are the only 2 teams that seem to make sense in general. And Eichel, Ristolainen and Reinhart are more then likely moved in separate deals, it would be a nightmare combining them for the receiving team 

That is great... I don't want us to attempt to trade for Eichel and I see no point in ristolainen either right now, only semi logical targer JB may consider is Reinhart but for the right price

1 hour ago, Sp3nny said:

Agreed, and I'm not advocating icing a team of smurfs. What I'm saying is, we cannot judge a prospects future playoff performance on their current size. How can people say Johnson will be worse than McTavish in the playoffs because he is currently smaller? Sounds so similar to Virtanen will be way better in the playoffs than Ehlers or Nylander because he is bigger. Ya, it could be true, but it also might not be. As I said earlier, size isn't a detractor in the playoffs, but its not the end-all be-all. @HighOnHockey earlier post is much more inline with gauging potential future playoff success.

You are correct, Johnson has a higher ceiling offensively it seems Vs. McTavish but it seems like McT can do some good things offensively too but maybe more like a Horvat as is high end projection where Johnson seems to get those Petey comparisons due to similar build and seemingly high end offensive skill

2 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

That is great... I don't want us to attempt to trade for Eichel and I see no point in ristolainen either right now, only semi logical targer JB may consider is Reinhart but for the right price

Yeah we couldn’t fit Eichel under the cap unless Buffalo was willing to take major salary on from our side. I’d love it if we could add Eichel but we can’t in a realistic scenario that would keep us competitive. I like Reinhart but if it involves our first rounder I say no, as much as he helps the team I think a valuable ELC is what we need far and above Reinhart. Especially with cap looking stagnant for the next couple years.

3 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

You are correct, Johnson has a higher ceiling offensively it seems Vs. McTavish but it seems like McT can do some good things offensively too but maybe more like a Horvat as is high end projection where Johnson seems to get those Petey comparisons due to similar build and seemingly high end offensive skill

I used Johnson vs McTavish for their weights, as some are saying Johnson is "undersized" cause he is slight, while McTavish has a "pro body" cause he is over 200lbs. This plays right into the size = better playoffs narrative, which I am taking issue with/providing insight on.

I would be more than happy with either player. I have my preferences just like anyone else, but the development of thoese young players is going to determine who becomes the best of the bunch, and who can reach their potential. It will be very interesting to see how draft day plays out. Exciting times for sure!

• Like 1

For Reinhart I’d be open to trading for him.

a package of our 1st Roussel and lind(who’s Seattle top target most likely) really does work for me as long as the top 4 dmen are gone. 

The idea is if we traded him and extended him to a fair deal great. If not and we ride him to ufa there’s no point for me to even consider it.

i like Reinhart and I think he’s for sure better then a lot of forwards that could be available at 9.

versatile and his best years are still in front of him. What he did last season imo was super impressive.

showed he can play C and scored 25 goals on a horrendous team in a terrible environment. 

kid needs a fresh start and where better than home with a great core around him.

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Not a ringing endorsement for his defensive play.

Yep could be one of the reasons he falls over smooth skating D men like Hughes and Edvinsson.

Cant ignore skating in today’s NHL. As we’ve seen it’s not always something you can just teach players to improve. It takes a work ethic like Bo’s to improve it in a couple offseasons.

Edited by DeNiro

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

Honestly McTavish shot/release isn’t getting enough praise. He has big goal scoring potential imo. And he’s the kinda guy who will score goals in a variety of ways. I also think he has a more physical game than Bo. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Honestly McTavish shot/release isn’t getting enough praise. He has big goal scoring potential imo. And he’s the kinda guy who will score goals in a variety of ways. I also think he has a more physical game than Bo. 

McTavish is the counterpunch to every Tkachuk that steps onto the ice.

On a side note, I would like to see the Canucks trade up from their 2nd round pick to snag Morrow if at all possible.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Might have misheard that.

The pick is definitely in play for a good young player. But if there’s a player they like at 9 they’ll keep it.

I could see them taking Wallstedt and trading him to a team that needs a goalie. But I doubt that’s their plan.

i listened to him again on sekeres and price and he didn't say what i thought he said. it was just a senior moment.

• Cheers 2