Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

I feel a team might try to finesse us and offer mid 1st and 2nd. In your example wouldnt surprise me if Minni was like 21 and their 2nd 

that's a no from me dawg. would rather take Wally in that scenario.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

I feel a team might try to finesse us and offer mid 1st and 2nd. In your example wouldnt surprise me if Minni was like 21 and their 2nd 

after further thought I would be OK with it if they took salary back like Roussel or something.

 

Honestly in this flat cap era moving salary will be costly. I don't think JB does it buuuut speaking for myself I would consider it. And I like Roussel however his injuries are a real concern for me. 

Edited by hammertime
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Other than Power and Beniers, every player is in play really. Who knows what he teams ahead will do. McTavish could be in the Top 3. Any chance VAN trades the #9 and DiPietro + to a team needing goaltending for a higher pick? Try to grab Clarke? Maybe take another goaltender in Round 2 or 3? That would be aggressive. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

That was very interesting

 

Cam's comparables were most surprising to me, and makes me wonder if this Draft class will amount to much lol Well, except for a few of them. 

 

Power - Parayko or Pietrangelo

Beniers - Larkin

McTavish - Dubois

Clarke - Theodore

Guenther - Toffoli

Eklund - he didn't have a comparable

Hughes - Rathbone

Johnson - Baertschi

Edvinsson - Ristolainen

 

Cam also mentioned Wallstedt, and said something interesting how he could be in the NHL in 2 years, whereas it's taken Demko 7 years to get to this point. This Wallstedt kid is elite and I wonder if he's actually VAN"s best bet for the #9. Would be a great trading piece if they decide to. 

 

 

he also said the edvinsson's hockey sense wasn't much better than virtanens but thought he seemed like a benning type of pick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

McTavish might be at 9. But I rather have Wallestedt. Gimme that FRANCHISE goalie and lets have another goalie controversy :bigblush::towel::emot-parrot:

Here's a silly hypothetical. How does Stevie feel about his team? If he really likes a player at 6 and wants his cake n eat it too........

 

Would he do 2022 1st unprotected and a 2nd 2021

 for

Our 9th 2021 (Wallstedt) and say a 4th 2022?  I feel like we would need to add something and by that time JB will already be crowned genius or fired so if he trades away the next GM's 4th it wont matter? 

 

He could pull a Miller trade on us and make the playoffs next year or........ We could get a lotto ticket in the big sweepstakes next years 1st unprotected cough Wright (It could even be a boat) and a high 2nd this year.

 

Edit we don't have a 3rd next year**** 

Edited by hammertime
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Who are the guys most likely to be left for us at 9?

Power is no chance.

Beniers is no chance.

But after that, couldn’t any of these guys fall?

Edvinson, Clark, Eklund, McTavish, Hughes?  I’d be happy if we got any of these guys. 

If all those guys are gone, and we are left with Johnson or Gunther I’d hope GMJB trades the pick.  

 

Agree with Powers and Beniers also think Eklund is gone for sure . McTavish , second best center probably gone .Clark top RHD also probably gone [ I would like him as a Canuck ] . Have no idea where Gunther goes . Edvinson  seems to be all over the map when it comes to Rankings could be the steal if he drops . Johnson keeps getting compared to a young EP so that would be nice and Hughes with his injury and that fact the Jack didn't hit the ground and run away with the league and Quinn's  defensive troubles early this year might keep some GM's from making him there first choice . I would be Happy with any of them as well as Wallstedt  if he is considered their BPA 

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nurnge said:

Agree with Powers and Beniers also think Eklund is gone for sure . McTavish , second best center probably gone .Clark top RHD also probably gone [ I would like him as a Canuck ] . Have no idea where Gunther goes . Edvinson  seems to be all over the map when it comes to Rankings could be the steal if he drops . Johnson keeps getting compared to a young EP so that would be nice and Hughes with his injury and that fact the Jack didn't hit the ground and run away with the league and Quinn's  defensive troubles early this year might keep some GM's from making him there first choice . I would be Happy with any of them as well as Wallstedt  if he is considered their BPA 

I’m just hoping we have more to choose from than Johnson and Gunther.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I’m just hoping we have more to choose from than Johnson and Gunther.  

Then you're sleeping on Dylan Guenther, imo. If we get him at 9 I'm absolutely thrilled this draft. That kid is for real.

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 2
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I’m just hoping we have more to choose from than Johnson and Gunther.  

 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’m just hoping we have more to choose from than Johnson and Gunther.  

Alf ...question does the heart the mug of beer and Vintage all kind of mean the same thing ?

 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nurnge said:

 Johnson keeps getting compared to a young EP so that would be nice

So this seems to come up a lot......

 

Aside from both having elite skill and frail frame. I don't see the comparison.

 

Pete had high end vision and defensive awareness at that age that I just don't see from Johnson. 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Nurnge said:

 

Alf ...question does the heart the mug of beer and Vintage all kind of mean the same thing ?

 

We need a bottle of scotch emoji.  And a cat. :towel:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

Then you're sleeping on Dylan Guenther, imo. If we get him at 9 I'm absolutely thrilled this draft. That kid is for real.

Who was the last WHL winger we picked top ten?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Who was the last WHL winger we picked top ten?  

Garth Butcher

 

I've been asleep for the last 4 decades so maybe there have been a few others in between.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HighOnHockey said:

Alf, have you taken your meds today?

Every time I think top ten pick, winger, and WHL I can’t help but think Virtanen.  And that sends me to the bottle.  

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...