Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

image.thumb.jpeg.c8dc14bff45d180782b1e4e1ea99592b.jpeg

Well, I would never take Sportsnet very seriously, and was going to mock the guy, but decided to check out his 2020 list first. It was actually pretty solid. But anyway, he's not a real expert, just a TV commentator. His 2021 list looks decent too, for the most part, but he's wrong on Clarke.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Isam said:

Doubt buffalo. They need a guy like beniers more. He may not be the 100 point type player that you would take, but he is a culture changer that they need

Buffalo has too much of the same type of players in there roster (albeit talented) with no goaltending to build around - imo; they should look at Wallsted but as a Canuck fan, they seem to be doing just fine - GCG !

Edited by ShawnAntoski
Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard button on a recent podcast say Powers and Guenther are a clear first tier in his eyes. I don't know what to think about that. 

 

Many publicans are going to have different viewings and opinions.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

image.thumb.jpeg.c8dc14bff45d180782b1e4e1ea99592b.jpeg

I'm personally expecting us to drop a few spots, based on our upcoming horrendous schedule. I would love for us to get one of Beniers, Guenther or Clarke. I think Beniers might be able to play a 3rd line center for us as soon as next year. That's wishful thinking though. 

Edited by KKnight
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Heard button on a recent podcast say Powers and Guenther are a clear first tier in his eyes. I don't know what to think about that. 

 

Many publicans are going to have different viewings and opinions.

Power and K. Johnson will be the two best players in the draft imo. Beniers is one of the good at many things but not great at one thing imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Roger Rabby said:

Power and K. Johnson will be the two best players in the draft imo. Beniers is one of the good at many things but not great at one thing imo.

I had Johnson as a safe bet for top five pick coming into the season, but I've been a little disappointed. Upside is tremendous, for sure, but lots of pretty questionable decisions. Granted, for the most part he seems to weigh the risk vs. reward pretty well, but there have been moments that will drive coaches to drink. At this point I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he goes top five, but he's just outside my own top five.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I Think we need to draft for positional need this upcoming draft. Need to take a Center or a defenseman. Johnson would be a good pick up. Need to fill that Third line center spot. Our 2nd round pick is going to get a good player as well. Anyone know of any players that could slide out of the first and be available? Similar to Hoglander

 
 
 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, HighOnHockey said:

I had Johnson as a safe bet for top five pick coming into the season, but I've been a little disappointed. Upside is tremendous, for sure, but lots of pretty questionable decisions. Granted, for the most part he seems to weigh the risk vs. reward pretty well, but there have been moments that will drive coaches to drink. At this point I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he goes top five, but he's just outside my own top five.

I actually think he may fall out of the top 5 leaving a team picking 6 or 7 very lucky imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't seen a draft where there isn't a clear #1 in awhile. Not to mention that the #1's on some peoples list is the #8 in others. If there is ever a draft where scouting is important to get a steal, this is it. Who knows, the player who have Canucks in at #1 could still be there by pick #6 or 7. Maybe a lot of trades this draft too!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, HighOnHockey said:

Well, I would never take Sportsnet very seriously, and was going to mock the guy, but decided to check out his 2020 list first. It was actually pretty solid. But anyway, he's not a real expert, just a TV commentator. His 2021 list looks decent too, for the most part, but he's wrong on Clarke.

Lol. Hope he is right. Would be a hell of a get for us if he is in that range

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

Anyone be disappointed if we picked Aatu Raty?

No. I like raty. Just hate that karpat is a mismanaged tire fire. 

  • Burr 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

Anyone be disappointed if we picked Aatu Raty?

Depends on where we draft, but generally speaking. No, I wouldn't be disappointed. He's a good prospect. With that said, it'd be really nice to shore up that D core with a solid two way guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...