The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

27 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

hard work and dedication, anyone can do it even EP40 if he gets a nutritionist and strength coach and eats some steak and potatoes! 

Suzuki must have the genetics for it, you can't put on that much muscle that fast without that or... "help". 

4 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Edvisson might fall to us assuming ANA takes Guenther, CBJ takes Mctavish, and DET takes the goalie. 

So basically this years BPA will be determined by every teams need ::D

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Marv-the-wet-bandit said:

A bust is someone who doesn’t play or contribute to a team. Turris wasn’t a star but he was far from a bust, a responsible defensive C that averaged .56 points a game. With your logic someone like Manny Malhotra is a bust because he was drafted at 7 and didn’t produce offensively like you’d hope. If you draft a guy and he plays limited games or doesn’t do anything to help the team, sure he’s a bust, but everyone you draft (regardless of where they were drafted) that plays regularly and contributes to the team isn’t a bust at all. Might not be a home run pick but you just need to find players that help each year and hit a couple home runs in between

Not making a case for Kent Johnson as a comparable stylistic wise but based on previous players who have gone through the BCHL system such as Kyle Turris, Tyson Jost and Alex Newhook and their very comparable D+1 NCAA seasons I can see Kent Johnson going anywhere from 7-11. Since Johnson is practically a year older than most of these comparables his draft season is most comparable with the aforementioned D+1 where most of them were either ppg or slightly over ppg. Personally I see an upside cap of anywhere between .4-.8 ppg which would equate to  30pt-60 pt per season. Mind you this is a small comparable and if they felt that Johnson could vastly improve based on opportunities and/or coaching I could see teams willing to reach a little higher. Personally I don't see the huge potential in a player like this if Canucks wanted to take a swing at a big game player but I think his floor is 3rd line center and his ceiling is 2nd line center. With a choice between Edvinsson and Johnson I'd be willing to go Edvinsson. Edvinsson could take longer to develop but I think Edvinsson will be a a decent 2nd pairing D floor with potential for top pairing potential.

Is Rosen this years Caufield? Just watching Rosen I think he might be the most dynamic shooter in this draft. We can talk about Lucius and Stankoven as well. But I think Rosen possibly has the best touch in terms of scoring from absolutely everywhere and the ability to create his own chances. 

I think the people that are down on Edvinsson are just because they’ve heard somebody say he makes a lot of mistakes. Watch this kids highlights! The dangles and rushes from a 6’4” 200+ 18 year old dman it’s just unheard of. I’d be extremely happy if he lasted until 9th overall and that’s who we got. Edvinsson in the 1rst and either Morrow or Mailloux in the 2nd!

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1

Just now, flickyoursedin said:

I think the people that are down on Edvinsson are just because they’ve heard somebody say he makes a lot of mistakes. Watch this kids highlights! The dangles and rushes from a 6’4” 200+ 18 year old dman it’s just unheard of. I’d be extremely happy if he lasted until 9th overall and that’s who we got. Edvinsson in the 1rst and either Morrow or Mailloux in the 2nd!

If we come out of this draft with two of those three it’s a huge win for us.  I see Edvinson going for sure top five, so we won’t get him.  And Morrow will go in the 20-30 range, so we won’t get him either.  

Just now, Alflives said:

If we come out of this draft with two of those three it’s a huge win for us.  I see Edvinson going for sure top five, so we won’t get him.  And Morrow will go in the 20-30 range, so we won’t get him either.  

A lot needs to happen to make this come true. Like an above poster said you need Guenther to go early (very likely) but you’d also need both McTavish and Wellstedt to go before our pick. There’s either that or trader Jim moves up to Detroit’s pick!

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, AC Readership said:

I know it's very early to speculate, don't think the Canucks will have enough money to resign Miller as it'll come down to either keeping Horvat or Miller.

And money is exactly why it’s important the guy we draft at 9OA contributes during his elc.  Might be Johnson or McTavish, but either of those two would need to contribute so there is money for guys like Bo and Miller.  As long as we aren’t stupid like Toronto and have three guys at 11 mil per, we should be just fine.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

Is Rosen this years Caufield? Just watching Rosen I think he might be the most dynamic shooter in this draft. We can talk about Lucius and Stankoven as well. But I think Rosen possibly has the best touch in terms of scoring from absolutely everywhere and the ability to create his own chances. 

If Rosen is available with our 2nd round pick, that's a massive win (assuming we pick him)