The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

1 minute ago, janisahockeynut said:

Well, remember that who I want in the pick we have, but Ceulemans seems like a reach and I don't think we have to go that low....

It should be interesting.........

well sure Clarke is a no-brainer, but if both Johnson and Ceulemans are there at 9, and you have them only 2 spots apart, why not go RHD?

16 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I have working on that........

I am so RHD crazy this year, I have to watch my self a little.....

#1. Morrow

#2. Mailloux

#3. Schmidt

#4. Heimosalmi

#5. Bar

Or Forwards

#1. Rosen

#2. Boucher

#3. Helenius

#4. Samoskevich

For me, if we get Clarke, then we take a forward......BPA or course

If we take a Forward, then we take a couple of RHD in the 2nd and 3rd...Morrow is probably gone in the 1st, but we would surely get one of the other 4

I am getting excited for the draft

Man mailloux and schmidt are so raw. You imagine if we drafted one or both of them this year and properly groomed them. Really hope the team is focusing on rhd this draft. Next year we do need to go back to find a LHD or 2 tho. 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

well sure Clarke is a no-brainer, but if both Johnson and Ceulemans are there at 9, and you have them only 2 spots apart, why not go RHD?

Sure, then you go for the RHD, but you would have passed on other guys, right?

2 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Man mailloux and schmidt are so raw. You imagine if we drafted one or both of them this year and properly groomed them. Really hope the team is focusing on rhd this draft. Next year we do need to go back to find a LHD or 2 tho. 

I seen mailloux as high as 15th mid-season. Keeping in mind he did not play much, if at all. So he dropped.

LHD? what are you talking about, LOL. All our LHD are young. 

Next year, we look at obviously BPA, but forward, and goalie

Usually, goalies start in the second round, and I would be just fine with taking one there next year

6 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Sure, then you go for the RHD, but you would have passed on other guys, right?

true, but you have one small dude and a bad skater ahead of him.

I was just wondering why you had him so high when he seems to be pegged more around the back 1/3 of the 1st round. 

I get him more around 14 to 17 ish? But since he is a RHD AND I seen him at the U18's, I like him

To be honest.....my line is around Johnson, but I think guys like Raty will show well in the NHl in 3 years...just a feeling

I love Svechkov and McTavish also 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, janisahockeynut said:

I get him more around 14 to 17 ish? But since he is a RHD AND I seen him at the U18's, I like him

To be honest.....my line is around Johnson, but I think guys like Raty will show well in the NHl in 3 years...just a feeling

I love Svechkov and McTavish also 

ah OK. Its such a weird draft. NHL has him at 14 for NAm skaters. and the draft analyst has him at 51. Quite the spread. 

If the hockey analyst dude is right, maybe we snag him at 41 anyway. 

This could be the last time the Canucks draft in the Top 10 for some time, if things go right. It's a very important decision that #9 pick. 

Drafting a winger (Guenther, Johnson, Lysell) seems like a miss to me. Choosing a Dman with the #9 is fine, but only if he's going to be great. "Good" Dmen (like Juoelvi for example)  in the Top 10 is risky. I would say take Power, Clarke or Hughes if available. If not then move on.

I'm hoping for a C, as the Canucks C depth is very poor. This is an important pick, Cs are also important. I'd go with Beniers, Eklund or McTavish). If they're gone, move on.

I'll just assume that Power and Beniers will be gone, 'cause they will be. If Clarke, Hughes, McTavish and Eklund are gone - take Wallstedt.  Drafting a future #1 elite goaltender is never a bad idea.  My List:

Power

Beniers

Clarke

Eklund

McTavish

Hughes

Wallstedt

Edit - I realize there are only 7 players, so if they're gone, trade the pick

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Vintage 2

35 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

The Hockey Guy had a pretty unflattering take on Lysell, so good to see him down your list. Apparently there are concerns with a big attitude. 

I'm curious about your ranking of Johnson and Ceulemans so close at 9 and 11. If they are that close, shouldn't we take the RHD?

Yeah Ceulemans looks pretty darn good. 200 lbs 6"2 RHD.

Older review but looks pretty good when thinking about our group.

https://lastwordonsports.com/hockey/2021/05/27/corson-ceulemans-scouting-report/

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

This could be the last time the Canucks draft in the Top 10 for some time, if things go right. It's a very important decision that #9 pick. 

Drafting a winger (Guenther, Johnson, Lysell) seems like a miss to me. Choosing a Dman with the #9 is fine, but only if he's going to be great. "Good" Dmen (like Juoelvi for example)  in the Top 10 is risky. I would say take Power, Clarke or Hughes if available. If not then move on.

I'm hoping for a C, as the Canucks C depth is very poor. This is an important pick, Cs are also important. I'd go with Beniers, Eklund or McTavish). If they're gone, move on.

I'll just assume that Power and Beniers will be gone, 'cause they will be. If Clarke, Hughes, McTavish and Eklund are gone - take Wallstedt.  Drafting a future #1 elite goaltender is never a bad idea.  My List:

Power

Beniers

Clarke

Eklund

McTavish

Hughes

Wallstedt

What if all 7 on your list are gone?  Those guys certainly all could be.  Trade down?  

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

ah OK. Its such a weird draft. NHL has him at 14 for NAm skaters. and the draft analyst has him at 51. Quite the spread. 

If the hockey analyst dude is right, maybe we snag him at 41 anyway. 

Matbe, but I think he is gone in the teens.....I would be suprised.......but stranger things happen

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

https://lastwordonsports.com/hockey/2021/05/27/corson-ceulemans-scouting-report/

nice, thanks. 

Maybe if we end up doing a deal with CHI e.g., and moving down a bit, picking Ceulemans at 12 won't seem as big of a reach. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

8 RHD drafted this year, or 5 and 3 LHD? :towel:

Edited by Gawdzukes

Is there any player y’all want really badly and would trade up for? I’d trade up for Clarke. RHD like him don’t grow on trees. He has top notch potential and I see him being a Klingberg type of player, maybe even OEL. He’s tall and can be a efficient player you can put on your PP and PK. I’d trade to 5 or 6 if he’s still available

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

In the U18’s I though Ceulemans played with some meanness.  He might mature into a really good top minute guy.  Maybe like a Brent Seabrook?  

• Cheers 2