The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

3 hours ago, FaninMex said:

Bettman - I think you are going to want to hear this....

The Vancouver Canucks trade the #9 and Michael DiPietro to the Minnesota Wild for the #21 and Jordan Greenway

VAN drafts Ceulemans or Lambos with the #21

VAN drafts Cossa with the #40

then Cs the rest of the way

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

The Vancouver Canucks trade the #9 and Michael DiPietro to the Minnesota Wild for the #21 and Jordan Greenway

VAN drafts Ceulemans or Lambos with the #21

VAN drafts Cossa with the #40

then Cs the rest of the way

Unsure if Minnesota has a need for Mikey D do they? Talbot has a couple years left and I thought they had a youngerish G behind him who played well for them this year? I could be wrong tho!

I like the idea of getting Greenway, we need a big winger on EP40/Brock's wing. JT Miller can still play with them on the 1st PP unit. I prefer us not using MIller at C and would much rather him go with Bo bumping Pearson for sure down to the 3rd line, leaving the Canucks GM needing to sign a cheap #3C option on a cheap 1 year deal or make a trade for 1 pre expansion draft so we can protect said player.

Ceulemans hopefully would be there at #21, but no guarantees especially in this draft. Svechkov the russian C may be there possibly tho also which would't be a bad fall back option or we take 1 of the other RHD who may go late 1st to early 2nd to ensure we get a quality RHD in this draft.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2021 at 5:17 PM, vinny_in_vancouver said:

Wow. Tony Ferrari, the Managing Editor and Director of Scouting for DobberProspects, thinks that Wallstedt is the BPA in this draft:

1110338682_ScreenShot2021-06-30at5_14_23PM.png.83122a9474ada0500ff9b18a654b373a.png

I'd love to see Buffalo or Seattle draft the guy just for kicks (kick saves).

While I think Wallstedt is a great prospect, I dont think DobberProspects is a very reputable source. In their March Ranking they have Simon Robertsson ahead of Owen Powers. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

While I think Wallstedt is a great prospect, I dont think DobberProspects is a very reputable source. In their March Ranking they have Simon Robertsson ahead of Owen Powers. 

Dobber is fantasy based, so some of their rankings are different than what you will see from am actual NHL player perspective. Power isn't viewed as an elite point option, hence his lower ranking from them.

11 minutes ago, Sp3nny said:

Dobber is fantasy based, so some of their rankings are different than what you will see from am actual NHL player perspective. Power isn't viewed as an elite point option, hence his lower ranking from them.

If it is just based on offensive output then you would think Kent Johnson would be above Simon Robertsson. Just focusing on the offense of players is a terrible form of prospect ranking. 

12 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread already, but could potentially increase the likelihood of Wallstedt going to Detroit if available still.

Excellent!  He knows the Wings might take that Wallstedt kid, and doesn’t want to get stuck behind him. This draft will fall so we are going to end up with one of these guys:  Hughes, Eklund.  

Edited by Alflives

19 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Is he though? I understand Podz did well last season in the KHL, but so did Hogz, in the NHL. I guess this is a wait and see, hopefully he blows everyone away with how good he is. If he's better than Pearson, then I hope they put Tanner on the 3rd line. 

I said it before Podz is coming in and earning a top 6 spot in his first year he’s that good. Only bad thing is Pearson is getting demoted to being an overpriced 3rd liner in the first year of his contract extension.

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Excellent!  He knows the Wings might take that Wallstedt kid, and doesn’t want to get stuck behind him. This draft will fall so we are going to end up with one of these guys:  Hughes, Eklund.  

Wouldnt be shocked if wallstead goes #1 overall and cossa going 6th to detroit

• Vintage 1

Just now, Bertuzzipunch said:

Wallstedt 

Beniers 

Power

Clarke

McTavish

Cossa

Gunther

Johnson

Hughes, Eklund; which one would we pick? 

32 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread already, but could potentially increase the likelihood of Wallstedt going to Detroit if available still.

That sucks for Detroit, thought he was the only reason they might NOT draft Wallstedt in the top 10, maybe they get Cossa with their 2nd 1st rounder but ya never know with this draft a team might take Cossa in the teens if they feel its too much of a toss up and a G is an area of need for the team. 

1 hour ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Wow! That would be awesome. And then if another team takes Edvinsson and Johnson goes early. VAN could end up getting one of  Hughes, Eklund and Guenther.

2 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

If it is just based on offensive output then you would think Kent Johnson would be above Simon Robertsson. Just focusing on the offense of players is a terrible form of prospect ranking. 

It's a fantasy hockey website. They are literally built on their fantasy database, and their rankings are based on fantasy upside and probability. I'm just pointing it out, as their rankings aren't kind to safer players who will be an NHL guy, with limited upside. Just for everyone's info.