The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

2 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Wouldnt be shocked if wallstead goes #1 overall and cossa going 6th to detroit

Really? Cause I think quite literally EVERYONE would be very shocked. Goalies going first is sooo rare and in a draft that is fairly weak in terms of top end talent, you would hear all about Wallstedt in that conversation. Top ten? Sure. 1st OA, not a chance.

• Cheers 1

BUF - Power

SEA - Beniers

ANA - Wallstedt

NJ - Clarke

CBJ - McTavish

DET - Eklund

SJ - Edvinsson

LA - Johnson

VAN - Hughes

With the Sedins joining the organization (again), why not have the Hughes Bros. too?

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

BUF - Power

SEA - Beniers

ANA - Wallstedt

NJ - Clarke

CBJ - McTavish

DET - Eklund

SJ - Edvinsson

LA - Johnson

VAN - Hughes

With the Sedins joining the organization (again), why not have the Hughes Bros. too?

If we get Luke Hughes CDC will blow up!  :emot-parrot:

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

BUF - Power

SEA - Beniers

ANA - Wallstedt

NJ - Clarke

CBJ - McTavish

DET - Eklund

SJ - Edvinsson

LA - Johnson

VAN - Hughes

I mean it would be fine and if rathbone and jouveli prove to be fulltime good NHLers for the next couple years one of them would be a good piece to trade when the team feels like Luke is ready to join the team. Gunther would be hard to pass up tho. Would be a good guy to take over from miller in a few years

5 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

I mean it would be fine and if rathbone and jouveli prove to be fulltime good NHLers for the next couple years one of them would be a good piece to trade when the team feels like Luke is ready to join the team. Gunther would be hard to pass up tho. Would be a good guy to take over from miller in a few years

Geunther Caca.

image.gif.7c6b4195fc997a73482f4012403293c8.gif

• Haha 3

On 6/28/2021 at 4:13 PM, Gawdzukes said:

8 RHD drafted this year, or 5 and 3 LHD? :towel:

Islanders did that in 2012, only Pelech made it.  Reinhart only played a few games.  I think the Canuck scouting could find more than one NHL player.   I noticed the NHL Draft Preview is on sale at the store.  Always a good read.

2012 1 4 Griffin Reinhart Canada D 37 0 2 2 26
2012 2 34 Ville Pokka Finland D
2012 3 63 Adam Pelech Canada D 247 12 49 61 78
2012 4 103 Loic Leduc Canada D
2012 5 125 Doyle Somerby United States D
2012 6 155 Jesse Graham Canada D
2012 7 185 Jake Bischoff United States D 4 0 0 0 4

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

BUF - Power

SEA - Beniers

ANA - Wallstedt

NJ - Clarke

CBJ - McTavish

DET - Eklund

SJ - Edvinsson

LA - Johnson

VAN - Hughes

This is the dream, but I'm pretty sure I have a better chance saying no to Meghan fox then SJ says no to hughes

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

BUF - Power

SEA - Beniers

ANA - Wallstedt

NJ - Clarke

CBJ - McTavish

DET - Eklund

SJ - Edvinsson

LA - Johnson

VAN - Hughes

Buf- Owen Power. Great duo in the making in Power and Dahlin.

Sea- Matt Beniers. Great 2 way game. Reliable in all game situations, Can put up plenty of points.

Ana- Mason McTavish. Heartbreaker here as I want him at 9 but, his game is, very much, of the Getzlaf mold. Strong, physical, relentless forechecking. Can play center or wing.

NJ- No surprise here, Luke Hughes. A reliable, all situation defender who can put up points.

CBJ- Brandt Clarke. With Jones, more than likely out, Clarke will begin the rebuild of CBJ's blueline. Werenski, Clarke should be a pretty potent duo

Det- Simon Edvinsson. Big defensive blueliner who will compliment Seider nicely.

SJ- Kent Johnson. San Jose's forward core is aging and is screaming for a star center. Johnson is definitely star potential and will bring fans to their feet in The Shark Tank.

La- Jesper Wallstedt. LA has a deep pool of forwards and defenders. Now, they add their franchise backstop.

Van- William Eklund- Solid two position forward with big upside. Another solid player that falls into our waiting arms.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

Apparently (Hockey Guy? D & D?  - can't remember) says Buffalo hasn't yet interviewed Powers or  Beniers but have had Eklund in twice

I read that also, too bad Sabresfan1 or someone with a username like that wasn't still contributing on here as he might have an idea what is being talked about in Buffalo

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

Apparently (Hockey Guy? D & D?  - can't remember) says Buffalo hasn't yet interviewed Powers or  Beniers but have had Eklund in twice

Probably doesn’t mean much.

Its a forgone conclusion they’re gonna take one of those two. Likely just doing their due diligence on their third ranked player.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

BUF - Power

SEA - Beniers

ANA - Wallstedt

NJ - Clarke

CBJ - McTavish

DET - Eklund

SJ - Edvinsson

LA - Johnson

VAN - Hughes

Well, maybe it’s just me but I don’t believe that the Hughes boys have the same character as the Sedins. In fact they strike me as being a little bit entitled. Having two of them on the same team may not be the ideal scenario. This is just a feeling that I have and is not based on anything other how I read their body language. I hope I’m wrong.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mad Jon said:

Well, maybe it’s just me but I don’t believe that the Hughes boys have the same character as the Sedins. In fact they strike me as being a little bit entitled. Having two of them on the same team may not be the ideal scenario. This is just a feeling that I have and is not based on anything other how I read their body language. I hope I’m wrong.

If Luke is there at nine Benning will run (okay waddle) to the stage to pick him.  Quinn and Luke are both great young players.  Love to have them both.  After watch Caufield get exposed for his poor skating and tiny size by TBay, I think I’m off if Eklund.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Mad Jon said:

I tend to agree but I see it a little differently. 
I don’t think you can compare the Sedin brothers with the Hughes brothers because the Sedins are identical twins. 
They are basically the same person in two separate bodies. 
I don’t really think Quinn, Jack or Luke seem entitled either.

But they are three separate personalities, and in my opinion should be on 3 separate teams. 
I would stare clear of drafting Luke Hughes unless he is the best player available. 

2 minutes ago, Krinjer33 said:

I don’t think you can compare the Sedin brothers with the Hughes brothers because the Sedins are identical twins. 

But they are three separate personalities, and in my opinion should be on 3 separate teams. 
I would stare clear of drafting Luke Hughes unless he is the best player available. 

If Luke is there at nine he’s by far the BPA.  He’s be week away from being in the 2022 draft.  He’s only 17.  What’s he going to be as a player next year at this time?  That year, for these young guys, is huge in their development.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Krinjer33 said:

Entitled was probably an inappropriate word. I just worry about two brothers wielding two much power within the room. The Sedins were special.

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If Luke is there at nine he’s by far the BPA.  He’s be week away from being in the 2022 draft.  He’s only 17.  What’s he going to be as a player next year at this time?  That year, for these young guys, is huge in their development.  

At no time was I questioning his ability.

Just now, Mad Jon said:

At no time was I questioning his ability.

With a top ten pick always take the BPA.  Can always trade the asset at a later date.  But we want to start with the asset that has the most value.  

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Googlie said:

Probably doing their due diligence on which player they would take with there possible 2nd top 10 pick. With all the rumours of Eichel and Reinhart being traded and Buffalo hoping to have one if not both done prior to draft. Come to think of it maybe they are close to finalizing a deal. Would be fun if it's Eichel to Anaheim with the 3oa as part of the package. 1oa Powers, 3oa Eklund