The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

2 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

no. I would switch picks with Calgary if you are really that high on him. Move back to 12 and get a 2nd round pick 

And Calgary can haunt us for the next decade + with Wally 

Na.  Flames suck old smelly socks, so Wally will turn into Waldo.  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Fine, 9OA to winnipeg for appleton and 17OA

we pick corson at 17

Appleton would be the perfect #3C. Although, I think Ceulemans will be more of a 2nd pairing type of Dman. I think I'd still prefer a  Lambos-Hughes pairing though. 

1 minute ago, Nave said:

I think we got to do all we can to get Eklund, Clarke, or Hughes. If we can't, the fallback option is trading our pick for Sam Reinhart.

Pick 41 might be enough (with a b prospect added) to get us Rhino.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Cost?  

That's for Benning to figure out, haha.
To start, I would trade our 1st and 2nd. I know a lot of people are excited about who might be there in the 2nd round, but I would go for quality over quantity.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Pick 41 might be enough (with a b prospect added) to get us Rhino.  

I find that hard to believe. He was pretty much the only Sabre that actually played well last year. 

Edit: Would definitely go for it though.

Edited by Nave

17 minutes ago, Nave said:

I find that hard to believe. He was pretty much the only Sabre that actually played well last year. 

Edit: Would definitely go for it though.

Rhino is a one year rental, isn’t he?  

Just now, Bertuzzipunch said:

He is

Then isn’t his value lower, because the acquiring team still has to get a new deal done?  I definitely wouldn’t be happy with giving up 9OA for a rental.  Plus, the cost of resigning Rhino might be too much.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Then isn’t his value lower, because the acquiring team still has to get a new deal done?  I definitely wouldn’t be happy with giving up 9OA for a rental.  Plus, the cost of resigning Rhino might be too much.  

We wouldnt trade for him unless an agreement was made with him before hand imo. 

Just now, Bertuzzipunch said:

We wouldnt trade for him unless an agreement was made with him before hand imo. 

Even so his agreed to extension could be too pricey, and make him a toxic contract.  Is Rhino a six million dollar player, because it might that to extend him.  

14 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Vancouver trade dipetro to Detroit for rfa rights to tyler bertuzzi and then use 9th for wallstedt.... that would be pretty sick. 

But if Wallstedt is taken early, do they pick Cossa at #9? Or do they run with Silovs? 

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

But if Wallstedt is taken early, do they pick Cossa at #9? Or do they run with Silovs? 

Draft a goalie later in the draft, limited scouting and might get a steal.

But you run with Demko and sign UFA's as backups for the next 5 years regardless. Plenty more drafts.

With all that said I wouldn't trade Dipietro. Our greatest area of strength is LD. Juolevi or Rathbone are our most valuable pieces.

Miller + Rathbone + 3rd to the Rangers for 15OA + Kravtsov

Edited by RetroCanuck

Here’s my shot of the picks projected to go for every team in the top 10:

1. BUF - Power

2. SEA - Beniers

3. ANA - Eklund

4. NJD - Clarke

5. CBJ - Hughes

6. DET - Wallstedt

7. SJ - Guenther

8. LA - Johnson

9. VAN - McTavish

10. OTT - Lucius 

Besides RHD, C is our biggest area of need. Sutter is a FA, Beagle is aging, and guys like Graovac, Michaelis, etc are just depth pieces at best. I feel Miller is better suited on the W even though he is a solid faceoff man and he’s a solid fit on the Lotto line. McTavish is my pick. If he’s still available at our pick, we run to the podium. He’s going to be a fantastic player. He’s scored at every level he’s played at and plays a very solid, sound game. I say he’s a year or two away from playing in the NHL but we can afford to give him the time like what we did with Podz. Hope we pick him up and looking forward to the draft

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1