3. ANA - Eklund

4. NJD - Clarke

5. CBJ - Hughes

6. DET - Wallstedt

7. SJ - Guenther

8. LA - Johnson

9. VAN - McTavish

10. OTT - Lucius 

Besides RHD, C is our biggest area of need. Sutter is a FA, Beagle is aging, and guys like Graovac, Michaelis, etc are just depth pieces at best. I feel Miller is better suited on the W even though he is a solid faceoff man and he’s a solid fit on the Lotto line. McTavish is my pick. If he’s still available at our pick, we run to the podium. He’s going to be a fantastic player. He’s scored at every level he’s played at and plays a very solid, sound game. I say he’s a year or two away from playing in the NHL but we can afford to give him the time like what we did with Podz. Hope we pick him up and looking forward to the draft

Id be ecstatic if the draft fell so we got MacT.  But I can’t see Geunther and Johnson going before Mactavish.  

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Rumour is Detroit really likes him.

Stevie Y can float whatever rumours he wants, but he will pick Wallstedt.  I don’t think MacT gets to six anyway.  The faller will be Eklund.  

52 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Here’s my shot of the picks projected to go for every team in the top 10:

1. BUF - Power

2. SEA - Beniers

3. ANA - Eklund

4. NJD - Clarke

5. CBJ - Hughes

6. DET - Wallstedt

7. SJ - Guenther

8. LA - Johnson

9. VAN - McTavish

10. OTT - Lucius 

Besides RHD, C is our biggest area of need. Sutter is a FA, Beagle is aging, and guys like Graovac, Michaelis, etc are just depth pieces at best. I feel Miller is better suited on the W even though he is a solid faceoff man and he’s a solid fit on the Lotto line. McTavish is my pick. If he’s still available at our pick, we run to the podium. He’s going to be a fantastic player. He’s scored at every level he’s played at and plays a very solid, sound game. I say he’s a year or two away from playing in the NHL but we can afford to give him the time like what we did with Podz. Hope we pick him up and looking forward to the draft

Interesting... I don't see any way Edvinsson doesn't go top-10. But it's theoretically possible, as we've seen certain Dmen slip in the past (Hughes, Dobson).

I just love doing mocks, so here's another rendition :lol::

1. BUF - Power

2. SEA - Beniers

3. ANA - McTavish

4. NJD - Hughes

5. CBJ - Johnson

6. DET - Wallstedt

7. SJ - Guenther

8. LA - Edvinsson

9. OTT (from VAN) - Clarke

10. VAN (from OTT) - Eklund

Should be a very entertaining draft.

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Interesting... I don't see any way Edvinsson doesn't go top-10. But it's theoretically possible, as we've seen certain Dmen slip in the past (Hughes, Dobson).

1. BUF - Power

2. SEA - Beniers

3. ANA - McTavish

4. NJD - Hughes

5. CBJ - Johnson

6. DET - Wallstedt

7. SJ - Guenther

8. LA - Edvinsson

Why don’t we just take Clarke?  Are the ?Sens paying a lot to switch picks?  

31 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Stevie Y can float whatever rumours he wants, but he will pick Wallstedt.  I don’t think MacT gets to six anyway.  The faller will be Eklund.  

I dunno man, I wouldn’t be surprised if Detroit trusted their European scouts to get a goalie later.

Detroit is pretty weak at center.

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Why don’t we just take Clarke?  Are the ?Sens paying a lot to switch picks?  

In this particular scenario, my thinking is that Ottawa would chase after Clarke hard and offer us something very good to move up one spot. Dorion did something similar by trading up one spot to select Logan Brown. As for the Nucks, Eklund could end up being the best player in this draft (with an Aho-like ceiling), and would fit like a glove in Vancouver's top-6.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I dunno man, I wouldn’t be surprised if Detroit trusted their European scouts to get a goalie later.

Stevie builds from the back end.  If the goalie is still on the board, Detroit takes him at 6.  

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Doesn’t McT project as more of a winger long term? 

I want him or Brandt…highly doubt Brandt is there at 9. Who knows what’ll shake out though. 

6 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

In this particular scenario, my thinking is that Ottawa would chase after Clarke hard and offer us something very good to move up one spot. Dorion did something similar by trading up one spot to select Logan Brown. As for the Nucks, Eklund could end up being the best player in this draft (with an Aho-like ceiling), and would fit like a glove in Vancouver's top-6.

@Alflives

Then imagine if, before pick 10 (after making the deal with Ottawa), Benning then flips the 10th pick to Buffalo (as they really like Eklund) for Reinhart. Ottawa really likes Clarke, Buffalo really likes Eklund, and we really like Reinhart. It's not impossible to get extra creative here. :lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Same with goaltending though. Their best goalie prospect, Keith Petruzzelli, won't be signing with them. 

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Stevie builds from the back end.  If the goalie is still on the board, Detroit takes him at 6.  

There’s always good goalies in later rounds though. Yzerman knows that after playing with Hasek and Osgood.

All in saying is everyone thinks Detroit is gonna take Wallstedt so I bet they don’t. 

If they’re gonna take a goalie I could even see then trading down and taking Cossa who might be the better goalie.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

There’s always good goalies in later rounds though. Yzerman knows that after playing with Hasek and Osgood.

All in saying is everyone thinks Detroit is gonna take Wallstedt so I bet they don’t. 

If they’re gonna take a goalie I could even see then trading down and taking Cossa who might be the better goalie.

He drafted Vasilevskiy in Tampa.

5 hours ago, Nave said:

That's for Benning to figure out, haha.
To start, I would trade our 1st and 2nd. I know a lot of people are excited about who might be there in the 2nd round, but I would go for quality over quantity.

Fair enough, but JB and company chose Podz in the first, then the Hog in the 2nd, which you could argue is the equivalent of another 1st. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Id be ecstatic if the draft fell so we got MacT.  But I can’t see Geunther and Johnson going before Mactavish.  

I can see it happening and it’s certainly possible. Guenther has a Oshie type ceiling and Johnson is projected to be like Petey. The teams ahead of us will certainly look into picking up these guys with their picks. A team will, of course, be intrigued by McTavish but teams will have other options available as well like Eklund, Guenther, Johnson, Lysell, etc

28 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

1. BUF - Power

2. SEA - Beniers

3. ANA - McTavish

4. NJD - Hughes

5. CBJ - Johnson

6. DET - Wallstedt

7. SJ - Guenther

8. LA - Edvinsson

I was thinking of someone I could be missing and it was Edvinsson :lol: I feel like he could be the Chychrun of this draft. Someone will be happy to pick him. I get Esa Lindell vibes. With the depth in this year’s draft, I’m very excited to see how this draft will pan out for us

25 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

He drafted Vasilevskiy in Tampa.

6th pick is quite a different value than 19th.

Didn’t they also acquire that pick in a trade with Detroit? It was basically a bonus pick. Less risk there.