3. Eklund

4. McTavish

5. Clarke

6. Hughes

7. Edvinsson

8. Raty

9. Ceulemans

Team needs a real good C or D

Dylan Guenther still available... you cant pass on that kid...hes a super sniper. 
Canucks need goals.

its funny a NHL scout say historically very Good Defense man can be found later in the 1st and 2nd round but the really top end forwards are usually top 10 picks. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Dylan Guenther still available... you cant pass on that kid...hes a super sniper. 
Canucks need goals.

its funny a NHL scout say historically very Good Defense man can be found later in the 1st and 2nd round but the really top end forwards are usually top 10 picks. 

I think it's very likely that Guenther will fall to 9 because he is a pure complimentary player - a pure winger- whereas a player like Johnson can play centre and wing, has higher upside than Guenther and is a better playmaker than Guenther.

Therefore I expect that Johnson will be gone once Canucks pick at 9.

Kent Johnson to San Jose Sharks at 7 that would make a lot of sense. L.A. might take the best D-Man available at 8 - either if it's Clarke, Edvinsson or Hughes which leaves Guenther for VAN.

Would be happy with Guenther.

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Canucks need goals.

is confirmed :

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Pazura92 said:

Unless someone big drops ( Eklund, guenther, Clarke, Hughes) then I think Canucks will take Fabian Lysell . I don’t mind being quoted on this .

I with you on Lysell. The Kid is very good and can really motor. Elite skating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, appleboy said:

If he trades our first or second I might actually cry!

Seth Jones with a reasonable 6 mil/year extension and I'd be okay with it, especially if they took back Roussel.  

Colton Parayko with an extension past the next year also gets it done for me.  

However I do generally agree with you, I really hope we make the top three round picks unless something significant gets thrown our way. 

48 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Seth Jones with a reasonable 6 mil/year extension and I'd be okay with it, especially if they took back Roussel.  

Colton Parayko with an extension past the next year also gets it done for me.  

However I do generally agree with you, I really hope we make the top three round picks unless something significant gets thrown our way. 

God no!

Seth Jones is hot and cold. Mostly cold.

Draft our own problems.  At least they are young and might grow up. Any player who is available for what ever reason comes with skeletons in his closet.

That is why they are available.  LOL

Teams go out of their way to sign the good ones.

2 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

I think it's very likely that Guenther will fall to 9 because he is a pure complimentary player - a pure winger- whereas a player like Johnson can play centre and wing, has higher upside than Guenther and is a better playmaker than Guenther.

Therefore I expect that Johnson will be gone once Canucks pick at 9.

Kent Johnson to San Jose Sharks at 7 that would make a lot of sense. L.A. might take the best D-Man available at 8 - either if it's Clarke, Edvinsson or Hughes which leaves Guenther for VAN.

Would be happy with Guenther.

I hope DET picks Wally 

Okay I think I've come to a comfortable want for our #9.  For me drafting a center is paramount.  I don't see a outright top 6 center coming out of this draft, however I see a number of potentially elite bottom 6 centers.  We can focus on defence in later rounds.

I've chosen 3 in no particular order:

Mctavish

Svechkov

Lucius

I have a feeling that Svechkov may end up turning into a Bergeron type in the not to distant future.  Like Podz he hasn't had the minutes yet (vhl) (his team has no khl connection, so no call ups) to showcase his offensive upside.  Saw some if his offence shine through, in the u18's this year with better wingers. 

Lucius looks great too... All around food looking player that has elite character and want to get better. 

I'd be happy with any of these guys. 

3 weeks to go!:towel:

Edited by Hogs & Podz

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

You mean Buffalo?

Bet they pick 3rd too.

not sure if Anaheim is willing to send the package to BUF Kevin Adams envisions for Jack Eichel:

wouldn't make sense for Anaheim to send the 3oa pick + Zegras + other prospects for Jack.

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

You mean Buffalo?

Bet they pick 3rd too.

I found it interesting that as of a day or two ago Buffalo hadn’t even talked to either Power or Beniers. The beat writer for the Buffalo News thinks they will pick Eklund if they acquire another top ten pick, so maybe that might be the 3rd you’re talking about. If they don’t pick Power or Beniers first I wonder who they’d be after. Wallstedt maybe?

On 7/1/2021 at 12:26 PM, eeeeergh said:

Eklund is the dream. I doubt he falls to us though, since he's both so good and such a safe pick. 
Guenther could fall - and I'd love if we take him.

Don't really want Johnson, or a defenseman, as D men take so long to develop, and with Rathbone, Juolevi, and Woo coming up, there won't be much room. We badly need more scoring punch so we can roll 3 good lines. A big stay at home d-man can be filled through UFA. 

It’s ironic that you say that it takes a defenseman so long to take to develop. The fact that we don’t have too many top tier defenseman in our system is because we don’t take many of them, especially RHD’s. We have not had many, if any, prominent RHD prospects in our system. 

5 hours ago, DeNiro said:

You mean Buffalo?

Bet they pick 3rd too.

5 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

not sure if Anaheim is willing to send the package to BUF Kevin Adams envisions for Jack Eichel:

wouldn't make sense for Anaheim to send the 3oa pick + Zegras + other prospects for Jack.

5 hours ago, 4petesake said:

I found it interesting that as of a day or two ago Buffalo hadn’t even talked to either Power or Beniers. The beat writer for the Buffalo News thinks they will pick Eklund if they acquire another top ten pick, so maybe that might be the 3rd you’re talking about. If they don’t pick Power or Beniers first I wonder who they’d be after. Wallstedt maybe?

Yowzers. I don't like that proposed deal for Anaheim. That would be a nice rebuild right there for Buffalo.

• Vintage 1

Eichel is nothing but trouble. Like I said , if a top line player is available you need to ask why.

( injury and attitude)

Buffalo could use a franchise goal tender.

Edited by appleboy

7 hours ago, 4petesake said:

.... ummmmm.

• Haha 1