The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

Canucks have been lucky for 3 straight Draft years

2017 - Pettersson (5)

2018 - Hughes (7)

2019 - Podkolzin (10)

Doing a re-draft for all of these guys, they'd all definitely be in the Top 5.

Looking into the crystal ball, who will be the Top 5 from this Draft?

1. Clarke

2. Beniers

3. Power

4. Eklund

5. Johnson

?

• Vintage 2

I think we end up drafting Johnson, and three years from now he’s top three in a redraft. And, of course, whomever the Leafs draft will be hyped to the moon by the eastern Leaf propaganda puppet media, and then when they play will bustaroo bonsai just like Littleman, Sandman, Robersbad.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, warrchief said:

https://www.tsn.ca/craig-button-list-owen-power-nhl-draft-1.1666944

Lysell at 30th is super disrespectful, if he is even there that's a steal. I agree that Svechkov should be higher in the draft but this list has me confused. 

I want whatever Button is smoking because that must be some great stuff.

Wow... This will be such fascinating draft.  Totally agree with your assessment of Lysell but I do agree with buttons assessment of svechkov.  I think he'll be the steal of the draft.   

27 minutes ago, warrchief said:

https://www.tsn.ca/craig-button-list-owen-power-nhl-draft-1.1666944

Lysell at 30th is super disrespectful, if he is even there that's a steal. I agree that Svechkov should be higher in the draft but this list has me confused. 

I want whatever Button is smoking because that must be some great stuff.

Just curious, how many times have you seen Svechkov or Lysell? Central Scouting has Lysell 9th in Europe. That's the second most important publicly available list, after McKenzie's. Personally, I've been talking about Svechkov should be in the top five conversation since spring of 2020 after 5 Nation U17s.

I guess Button and I are both just high on hockey.

Edited by HighOnHockey
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

How do you figure we get Reinhart? We’d have to part with at least the 9OA for that to happen, at least

I can see the Canucks pursuing Larsson, especially if he doesn’t resign with the Oilers. He would be the next best thing to happen. He’s not a RHD, though, is he? 

The way we would get Reinhart I did say in my post.

I said 9th plus extras like Lind and Roussel (for salary) and whatever it took.

I see LA being the better trading partner though with more expendable C prospects and a slightly better draft pick.

But that slightly better draft pick may keep them from wanting to part with it if someone is there they really like or if they were targeting Eichel over Reinhart.

And Larsson is a RHD who plays the right side.

Hughes-Larsson sounds great on paper to me.

4 minutes ago, HighOnHockey said:

Just curious, how many times have you seen Svechkov or Lysell? Central Scouting has Lysell 9th in Europe. That's the second most important publicly available list, after McKenzie's. Personally, I've been talking about Svechkov should be in the top five conversation since spring of 2020 after 5 Nation U17s.

I hope CLB takes Svechkov

8 minutes ago, HighOnHockey said:

I guess Button and I are both just high on hockey.

I have seen both enough and I really like Lysell and Svechkov in this year's draft. I do not agree with Lysell at 30th, he is super skilled and a top 6 guy. Svechkov is a future 2nd/3rd line centre for most teams with the chance to surprise. I have Lysell and Svechkov, 9 and 10 on my list.

There is a lot of confusing movement in some of the players and that's what I don't agree with.  

• Cheers 1

Such an interesting Draft.  

Some good Cs that are ranked a bit lower, but they could all be good players - Lucius, Svechkov, Raty, L'Heureux, Bolduc

McTavish was in this group until recently. 

Power and Clarke seem to top the Ds, with Hughes and Edvinsson close. But Lambos and Ceiulemans might also be very good.

Very little talk about Matt Coronato. Could be a sleeper.

Dream draft scenario:

1. BUF - EKLUND

2. SEA - POWERS

3. ANA - BENIERS

4. NJD - HUGHES

5. CLB - SVECHKOV 

6. DET - WALLSTEDT

7. SJS - JOHNSON 

8. LAK - EDVINSSON / MCTAVISH

9. VAN - CLARKE

Be a happy happy guy if we get Clarke

• Haha 1

Just now, R3aL said:

Dream draft scenario:

1. BUF - EKLUND

2. SEA - POWERS

3. ANA - BENIERS

4. NJD - HUGHES

5. CLB - SVECHKOV 

6. DET - WALLSTEDT

7. SJS - JOHNSON 

8. LAK - EDVINSSON / MCTAVISH

9. VAN - CLARKE

Be a happy happy guy if we get Clarke

These mock drafts are all over the place, I don’t see Clarke available at 9, or Powers going #2. It’s going to be a fun afternoon!

7 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Such an interesting Draft.  

Some good Cs that are ranked a bit lower, but they could all be good players - Lucius, Svechkov, Raty, L'Heureux, Bolduc

McTavish was in this group until recently. 

Power and Clarke seem to top the Ds, with Hughes and Edvinsson close. But Lambos and Ceiulemans might also be very good.

Very little talk about Matt Coronato. Could be a sleeper.

Potentially, although I think we may see more 2nd and 3rd round picks than usual making the show this year, whilst the top end of the draft isn’t as strong I actually think there is some good solid nhl level players in the draft this year and think with COVID we will see some supprises in the years to come from this 

Lorenzo Canonica is my stab at a under rated player I would be happy to see the Canucks take a swing on 

Just now, johngould21 said:

These mock drafts are all over the place, I don’t see Clarke available at 9, or Powers going #2. It’s going to be a fun afternoon!

Hell aint no buddy seeing anything going the same way mate!

Crazy discrepancies in scouts ranking and mock drafts all over the place.

It will be. fun!

• Upvote 1

Just now, R3aL said:

Hell aint no buddy seeing anything going the same way mate!

Crazy discrepancies in scouts ranking and mock drafts all over the place.

It will be. fun!

I saw a mock draft with Clarke going 9th, like you, I would spit beer across the table if that happened. 

• Cheers 1

Really starting to think that BUF takes Clarke 1st overall, just to kick off the craziness

BUF has Dahlin and I think Clarke would be the perfect compliment to him. They would have a great top pairing for the next decade+.

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Really starting to think that BUF takes Clarke 1st overall, just to kick off the craziness

BUF has Dahlin and I think Clarke would be the perfect compliment to him. They would have a great top pairing for the next decade+.

Buffalo is taking Beniers to replace Eichel.  

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Buffalo, CBJ, and the Wings are the wildcards this year.