The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Recently read an "expert" saying the Canucks should target Mailloux with the 2nd, so I guess that settles that.

Super excited to have Podkolzin join the team next season, which makes me kind of now want Svechkov. He sounds like a  really solid player who has the D game down - something most prospects struggle with. The guy has a big brain I'm guessing, and he's a C that can play wing - versatile. Let's get him.  I imagine Svech would be excited to be joining Podkolzin, and vice versa.

curious who this "expert" is ?

When you read my post again than you will notice that I have never maintained that the Canucks should target Mailloux.

Edited by debluvscanucks

16 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

curious who this "expert" is ?

When you read my post again than you will notice that I have never maintained that the Canucks should target Mailloux.

I can't remember where I read it, but the internet is filled with experts, apparently 

8 minutes ago, BPA said:

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/nhl-draft-prospect-logan-mailloux-faces-uncertain-future-after-criminal-charge-in-sweden/

The girl in question was 18yr old at the time.  

According to a 48-page investigation report from Sweden’s North Region Polisen, which was obtained by Daily Faceoff, Mailloux secretly photographed the victim without her consent or knowledge while engaging in oral sex.

The next day, Mailloux shared the photo in the SK Lejon team group chat on SnapChat during a bus ride to a road game.

Not sure if any teams wants scandal related players.

Lol so he's some magician with an invisible camera? Here's what happened. She knew he took it but got mad when he shared it and said he didn't have consent to take pic to get back at him cause she knew he was gonna be in the nhl one day and it would hurt him back. It's human nature. If I sent my kids to Neverland ranch when Michael Jackson was alive I would of said to my kids to say he touched your special place. I would of received millions in a out of court settlement kids than go to any college they want in the future. And if she's 18 she's an adult and should be charged with oral sex with a minor. 

• RoughGame 2

1 hour ago, Patrik Laine said:

Sweet! That guarantees we can get him in the second round maybe third! Go for it Jim. And let's be honest 99 percent of guys have done this my wife even shows pics of my tiny thing to her girl friends for a laugh. Not a big deal 

Edit: This prospect sounds like one to steer around

Edited by Nuxfanabroad

18 minutes ago, Patrik Laine said:

Lol so he's some magician with an invisible camera? Here's what happened. She knew he took it but got mad when he shared it and said he didn't have consent to take pic to get back at him cause she knew he was gonna be in the nhl one day and it would hurt him back. It's human nature. If I sent my kids to Neverland ranch when Michael Jackson was alive I would of said to my kids to say he touched your special place. I would of received millions in a out of court settlement kids than go to any college they want in the future. And if she's 18 she's an adult and should be charged with oral sex with a minor. 

According to the investigation report, Mailloux did not dispute the facts laid out in the case.

So by his own admission...he did secretly record it.

Mailloux was not arrested by Swedish Polisen. Mailloux was ultimately charged with both defamation and “Kränkande fotografering,” or offensive photography, and ordered to pay 14,300 Swedish krona, approximately $1,650 U.S. Dollars, by way of a criminal injunction that relieved the matter from the court system.

Offensive photography became illegal in Sweden in 2013, banning secretly photographing or filming someone in a private place. The penalty is a fine or a maximum of up to two years in Sweden.

So glad that you want such a character guy on the Canucks. 

And it's 2021.  Being young and stupid is no longer an excuse.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, BPA said:

According to the investigation report, Mailloux did not dispute the facts laid out in the case.

So by his own admission...he did secretly record it.

Mailloux was not arrested by Swedish Polisen. Mailloux was ultimately charged with both defamation and “Kränkande fotografering,” or offensive photography, and ordered to pay 14,300 Swedish krona, approximately $1,650 U.S. Dollars, by way of a criminal injunction that relieved the matter from the court system.

Offensive photography became illegal in Sweden in 2013, banning secretly photographing or filming someone in a private place. The penalty is a fine or a maximum of up to two years in Sweden.

So glad that you want such a character guy on the Canucks. 

And it's 2021.  Being young and stupid is no longer an excuse.  

So because its 2021 kids have no right to make mistakes? That makes zero sense. Did humans evolve recently in the last 5 years were kids are suppose to be as wise as people who have decades more experience. Give me a break. Yup look out kids if u make one mistake now kiss any aspirations and careers u might have been great at good bye and get ready for a career in fast food because you are expected to be perfect now cause its.....2021

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

If he's sitting there in the 4th or 5th round a gm won't pull the trigger? One will and will be rewarded greatly. Just like everything on Twitter the keyboard warriors will move on and the kid will get a second chance to redeem himself and learn from this mistake. 

51 minutes ago, Patrik Laine said:

So because its 2021 kids have no right to make mistakes? That makes zero sense. Did humans evolve recently in the last 5 years were kids are suppose to be as wise as people who have decades more experience. Give me a break. Yup look out kids if u make one mistake now kiss any aspirations and careers u might have been great at good bye and get ready for a career in fast food because you are expected to be perfect now cause its.....2021

What do you expect? we're living in a time of platforming hypocritical pieces of $&!#e, looking to bring every person down to their personal misery. They talk as if they're a shining example of how to lead a proper life, meanwhile they lead a double life. Kids make mistakes, ppl make mistakes, should they be summed up to one event, in most cases no. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I think some are missing the fact that this isn't "a mistake".  A mistake is forgetting to roll up the car window and it rains.

If you take a picture of someone in a compromising situation and share it with others, those are deliberate actions that you've taken.  It's common sense that it may not be well received and could upset them so it's important to think first before you act, not afterward.  Especially if you're pursuing a high profile career, you have to show maturity that aligns with that.  

Humiliation is never cool and so it's important to think outside of "self" and consider others' feelings.  Seventeen is old enough to understand that.

Anytime i get sent lewds i have a special folder on my phone. Its safe always.

image.gif.eb4beac4ff5ad35ea1b771340e98845f.gif

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

I think some are missing the fact that this isn't "a mistake".  A mistake is forgetting to roll up the car window and it rains.

If you take a picture of someone in a compromising situation and share it with others, it's common sense that it may not be well received and could upset them.  Think first - if you're pursuing a high profile career, you have to show maturity that aligns with that.  

Humiliation is never cool and so it's important to think outside of "self" and consider others' feelings.  Seventeen is old enough to understand that.

Not sure how mature you were at 17, but I definitely had a lot of growing up to do. Between insecurities, family/ societal expectations, wrong friends and in Mailloux's case being a high profile athlete equals a lot of pressure. Can't be judged on one mishap. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, KKnight said:

Not sure how mature you were at 17, but I definitely had a lot of growing up to do. Between insecurities, family/ societal expectations, wrong friends and in Mailloux's case being a high profile athlete equals a lot of pressure. Can't be judged on one mishap. 

I was a damn fool at 17 believe it or not.

Just now, KKnight said:

You don’t think 17 year olds today wouldn’t know what this guy did is incredibly wrong?  

• Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

You don’t think 17 year olds today wouldn’t know what this guy did is incredibly wrong?  

Im saying 17 year old boys are horny rabbits and don't make the best decisions, is it right? No. Is it a learning experience? Yes. Do I feel for the girl, I do. Should his draft stock go down, Yes! But should he be judged for years to come based on this? No! Unless he doesn't learn from his mistake. 

19 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

If you take a picture of someone in a compromising situation and share it with others, those are deliberate actions that you've taken.  It's common sense that it may not be well received and could upset them so it's important to think first before you act, not afterward.  Especially if you're pursuing a high profile career, you have to show maturity that aligns with that.  

So strange how some on here are so eager to explain this away. Should he have a chance to redeem himself and show that he has grown and learned? Absolutely, and maybe down the road when he has demonstrated that he has grown he will get another chance. That doesn’t mean you look the other way and draft him because “hey, who hasn’t made a mistake?” If you haven’t seen the damage these kind of actions cause to young women you aren’t paying attention.

Forgiving comes from the victim first. Hockey fans are way down the list.

• Cheers 2