The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

23 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Also just a thought. LAK are making decent moves to help contend maybe they could want to update their D.

To van:

Sean Walker 

8th overall

2021 3rd (they have 2) 

To LAK:

Nate Schmidt

9th overall.

Essentially they pay a 3rd and move down one to get a great upgrade.

We get a natural RD for half the money.

Honestly cap reasons might be enough to do Schmidt for Walker straight across. 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

Anyone else watch this Scouching report of Powers?

it makes me question is Powers a NHL bust....he’s super wimpy and soft defensively.

This really shows huge Defensive problems with Powers.

Yes.

The answer is yes.  He reminds me entirely of Myers.  Big.  Skates ok.  Ok hands.  Meh shot.

Is huge though, and stands out because he can skate.  Been saying it for a while, powers is the safest bet to be an NHL player but will not be the best defenseman in this draft.

Possibly not even top 3 D in this draft

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Yes.

The answer is yes.  He reminds me entirely of Myers.  Big.  Skates ok.  Ok hands.  Meh shot.

Is huge though, and stands out because he can skate.  Been saying it for a while, powers is the safest bet to be an NHL player but will not be the best defenseman in this draft.

Possibly not even top 3 D in this draft

I'm not a big fan of Power, can't figure out how dmen that big have no mean streak. 

10 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Also just a thought. LAK are making decent moves to help contend maybe they could want to update their D.

To van:

Sean Walker 

8th overall

2021 3rd (they have 2) 

To LAK:

Nate Schmidt

9th overall.

Essentially they pay a 3rd and move down one to get a great upgrade.

We get a natural RD for half the money.

That makes too much sense for it to work ;)

The final Scouching report was interesting. I like how he put the prospects in Tiers. Too difficult (unstable) to predict the order.  

Tier 1

Beniers

Eklund

Hughes

Lysell

Wallstedt

Tier 2

Johnson

Power

Edvinsson

Clarke

Guenther

McTavish

Raty

Still have a feeling we're getting Lysell (another top tier prospect falls to the Canucks)

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

The final Scouching report was interesting. I like how he put the prospects in Tiers. Too difficult (unstable) to predict the order.  

Tier 1

Beniers

Eklund

Hughes

Lysell

Wallstedt

Tier 2

Johnson

Power

Edvinsson

Clarke

Guenther

McTavish

Raty

Still have a feeling we're getting Lysell (another top tier prospect falls to the Canucks)

Take a look at this article re McTavish

Prospect of Interest: Mason McTavish will be 'difficult to stop' in NHL (sportsnet.ca)

• Thanks 2

After Power it could go in any order on Bob's top 10 and I wouldn't be surprised. I have mostly the same top 10 but Johnson isn't in mine.

Most likely players there for us are Hughes, Johnson and Lucius. I'd have a difficult time picking between Hughes and Lucius.

46 minutes ago, wildwood12 said:

Bob Mackenzies final list is out now. He has Kent Johnson at 9.

And Clarke and Hughes at 7 and 8.  If Detroit or SanJose go Wallstedt, the we might actually see Hughes or Clarke fall to us.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And Clarke and Hughes at 7 and 8.  If Detroit or SanJose go Wallstedt, the we might actually see Hughes or Clarke fall to us.  

I’ve also seen some recent mocks with Eklund at 9OA, which would be an absolute steal of a pick. And there are mocks with pretty much every top prospect other than Power and Beniers slipping down to our slot, including guys like Hughes and Clarke. It’s going to be really interesting to see who’s available when we pick, but honestly, if we just take the consensus BPA at #9, I can’t see how we can go wrong. We’re getting a hell of a prospect on day one, assuming we don’t trade our pick.

For some reason, my psychic powers are currently telling me Guenther falls to 9OA, which I’d also be very happy with.

There’s really no one in the consolidated top-10 that I’d be unhappy with (other than maybe a goalie—and I could even get on board with that).

Benning and the scouts will need to be drinking crazy juice and going completely off the board before I’m going to end up mad about who we take at 9OA.

Button has us selecting Johnson. I personally dislike the selection because he’s a local kid and there’s gonna be pressure on him to perform. If one of Hughes, Clarke, Edvinsson, Guenther, Eklund fall, we have to be all over it and pick em up. Hopefully Benning finds another diamond in the rough.

4 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Tier 1

Beniers

Eklund

Hughes

Lysell

Wallstedt

Tier 2

Johnson

Power

Edvinsson

Clarke

Guenther

McTavish

Raty

Personally I really want Hughes I’ve like what I saw out of him. Than Clarke but if we don’t get either of those I say we swing and get Johnson or Lysell. Even though I think Colombus will pick lysell.

Honestly I’m Okay with striking out with Johnson I love his Potential but I understand all the risks 

• Cheers 1