The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

6 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

Personally I really want Hughes I’ve like what I saw out of him. Than Clarke but if we don’t get either of those I say we swing and get Johnson or Lysell. Even though I think Colombus will pick lysell.

Honestly I’m Okay with striking out with Johnson I love his Potential but I understand all the risks 

What are you striking out on? The kid has promise and can be coached. He can deke out an entire team, and make plays. Sign me up

33 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Button has us selecting Johnson. I personally dislike the selection because he’s a local kid and there’s gonna be pressure on him to perform.

I kind of feel this way too, but I think he may be the type of guy who could excel under pressure? He seems to work hard on his skills and he played really well at the U of Michigan (point-a-game).  I think Johnson will be a more mature player (than Jake), and who wants to become a great player. Feel pretty confident he has the work ethic of Stecher, and not Virtanen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beary Sweet said:

Button has us selecting Johnson. I personally dislike the selection because he’s a local kid and there’s gonna be pressure on him to perform. If one of Hughes, Clarke, Edvinsson, Guenther, Eklund fall, we have to be all over it and pick em up. Hopefully Benning finds another diamond in the rough.

All it takes is a svechkov, Lysell wallstedt Etc and with those rankings above a Clarke or Hughes at 9 would be so sick

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, R3aL said:

All it takes is a svechkov, Lysell wallstedt Etc and with those rankings above a Clarke or Hughes at 9 would be so sick

I just can’t see Clarke falling to 9.  If it does great!  Take him for sure.  Hughes is so young still.  He’s nearly a full year younger than most of those other players.  I think he’s going to improve the most of that group because he’s still got so much maturing left to do.  Love to get him too!  Damn, so excited for Friday!  

8 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

NCAA team defense isn’t close to NHL team Defense ice gets smaller.

The opposite could be true too, Maybe Power isn't that good either, as he has young, smaller, awkward forwards coming at him

Picking Svechkov would be very reminiscent of him taking Pettersson.

Fans would freak out thinking Benning went off the board not knowing anything about him.

I’m good with the pick if they think there’s untapped offensive potential. Every draft it seems like a Russian goes later than they should because of the Russian factor.

That being said we can’t afford to simply draft a bottom 6 player with this pick. Passing on player with elite offensive talent like Johnson for a third liner center would not be a good look.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Agree DeNiro,  the #9 and #41 are very important picks.  Could be the last time they pick in the Top 10 for a long time (hopefully)  Benning needs to get those two picks right. 

Future Top 6 forward (#9) and Top 4 Dman (#41).

I'd be thrilled walking away with McTavish and Morrow.

Yes, please, to those two guys. I'd love to snag Coronato somehow, tho. 

6 minutes ago, Patrik Laine said:

And we can get Mailloux in the 5th round maybe hehe

I've seen some of the write ups on his off ice activities; and will say I don't find it as outrageous as some.

Firstly he was 17, and the lady in question was 18.

Bad idea from him, sure; sign of deviancy and future problems I don't think so.

I encourage people to realize the world has changed, standards of conduct have changed; perhaps not for the best, but changed they have.

If he's available, after he should have been taken, I'm fine with J.B. drafting him.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, gurn said:

I've seen some of the write ups on his off ice activities; and will say I don't find it as outrageous as some.

Firstly he was 17, and the lady in question was 18.

Bad idea from him, sure; sign of deviancy and future problems I don't think so.

I encourage people to realize the world has changed, standards of conduct have changed; perhaps not for the best, but changed they have.

If he's available, after he should have been taken, I'm fine with J.B. drafting him.

It’s a character issue. Knowing the position he was in with a bright future ahead of him he still made a poor decision by taking a photo of a woman engaging in oral sex without her knowledge or consent and then sharing that picture with others. Her face was not made visible in said picture but he then sent her online profile to the same people so they all knew who she was. It’s a disgusting thing to do someone. I don’t care that he was 17, at 17 you know what’s right or wrong and should have developed some form of a moral compass. I sure hope JB and all other GMs pass on him. Some people shouldn’t be afforded the opportunity of playing professional sports especially if they don’t conduct themselves as professionals. Mailloux and Mitchell Miller can dominate a beer league together but keep garbage people out of a great league please

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Marv-the-wet-bandit said:

It’s a character issue. Knowing the position he was in with a bright future ahead of him he still made a poor decision by taking a photo of a woman engaging in oral sex without her knowledge or consent and then sharing that picture with others. Her face was not made visible in said picture but he then sent her online profile to the same people so they all knew who she was. It’s a disgusting thing to do someone. I don’t care that he was 17, at 17 you know what’s right or wrong and should have developed some form of a moral compass. I sure hope JB and all other GMs pass on him. Some people shouldn’t be afforded the opportunity of playing professional sports especially if they don’t conduct themselves as professionals. Mailloux and Mitchell Miller can dominate a beer league together but keep garbage people out of a great league please

Clearly the guy planned what he was going to do.  He should serve prison time for this.  It’s really a horrid thing to do to another person.  Shows no empathy.  Hopefully, he isn’t drafted, but I think he will be.  

• Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

9 minutes ago, Marv-the-wet-bandit said:

According to experts at who study brain development, Your brain isn't fully developed till 25. Hence why kids make dumb decisions. But again half of cdc appears to never done anything dumb in their childhood. Mr. Perfects up in here. But he should of known better cause he wears skates, dumb argument. I've heard kids on hockey teams and how they talk to each other believe me they ain't angels neither is anyone else at that age. Accept my kids of course haha 

• RoughGame 3

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Clearly the guy planned what he was going to do.  He should serve prison time for this.  It’s really a horrid thing to do to another person.  Shows no empathy.  Hopefully, he isn’t drafted, but I think he will be.  

I agree, I think he will be too which is unfortunate. He made a life altering decision he should have to live with it. I hope he’s truly remorseful for those actions. If my son did that to someone I would be absolutely devastated 

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Patrik Laine said:

According to experts at who study brain development, Your brain isn't fully developed till 25. Hence why kids make dumb decisions. But again half of cdc appears to never done anything dumb in their childhood. Mr. Perfects up in here. But he should of known better cause he wears skates, dumb argument. I've heard kids on hockey teams and how they talk to each other believe me they ain't angels neither is anyone else at that age. Accept my kids of course haha 

So these excuses makes it okay to abuse others?  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1