The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

31 minutes ago, Sp3nny said:

I would take both Hughes and Clarke over Johnson. Edvinsson I'd have to think about a bit more. That would be a tough call for myself.

Same here, it's possible they'll have to choose between Edvinsson, Johnson and Guenther - that's a tough call, but I guess they have to go with the D? Seems so anticlimactic. Waiting all this time to get a prospect who's recently gotten poor reviews, and hoping he turns out like he should. I feel that way about Juolevi.  Still waiting for him to break into the NHL as a Top 4 Dman.

Button says to take the D, even though he knows VAN's C prospects aren't great.  Then again, Edvinsson could really turn out to be something, an elite defender with size. Cup teams need guys like that.

1 hour ago, shayster007 said:

"Well ya, we we been watching this kid um for awhile now. Well, you know, we like that um he's a hard working kid. You know, we talk to the player, talk to the coaches, talk to his parents and we think he's got a good head on his shoulders. He's um got elite hands and thinks the game at a high level. We think um we're getting a really good young player here that can play, you know, for the Canucks for a long time."

-Jim Benning, probably, when we draft Johnson

This mans Jim Benning is on point

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HighOnHockey said:

he's very likely a top five pick, maybe even top three.

True, all 4 of the big D could be taken ahead of the #9. They're all good and Top 4 Dmen are expensive if trying to get one through a trade.  If they're gone, I guess Benning goes with the best available forward (my guess is Lysell, Johnson, Guenther or Sillinger).  I suspect Wallstedt could be gone early too. 

4 hours ago, gurn said:

Assume all you want, you do know the saying about that, right?

The guy did a horrible thing, he was punished by the courts, and is attending counselling, that is supposed to be the end of it.

First step?

Admitting guilt in court wasn't a first step?

Accepting and abiding by the courts order wasn't a first step?

Apologizing  wasn't a first step?

Attending counselling, and being monitored by his junior team wasn't a first step?

Going public and admitting to the world, or those that care, wasn't a first step?

Oh, now it's a first step?    Ok then.

yes this is all a first step. What he did was really bad. 

Is there choice in accepting what the court says? didn't realize there was an alternative. 

Admitted it? you mean his public act could have been somehow denied?

All thats happened is whats needed to happen. I want to see what he does next before seeing if he's improved his character. So far there's nothing to show that. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, runtzguy said:

Never seen Eklund or Wallstedt but I agree with Power dropping and the rest.

I can see Buffalo skipping past Power for sure, and why not when you already have Dahlin. 

Seattle will be getting a lot of good dmen tomorrow.... do they really not pick Power? 

51 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

that would blow some minds. 

Hughes and Wallstedt would, but not the other three IMO. 

6 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Gosh, I do not like Rin-Tool. Johnson sounds like a good kid though, he'll work hard and become a top 6 NHLer

I can’t stand listening to Rintool. 

Unfortunately it coincides with my lunch break so there I am, having to put up with his cringey antics. 

5 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Raty's dropped off A LOT, to the point that scouts don't consider him to be that great of a prospect anymore, at least not worth taking with a high pick.

Definitely not the best C in the class.

Reminds me of Liljgren in terms of his drop.  This is enough to scare me. Liljgren is not great.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, shayster007 said:

I think it's fair to be hesitant about any player who shoots up the rankings after all the hockey has been played. Is the player himself being evaluated, or the idea of the player. 2 months ago he was the safe pick at 9, now almost sure he's gone by then. What changed?

Teams maybe dug deeper in their evaluations, could be a number of factors but this happens all the time during the last few weeks. Remember how Makar was considered the top 7 pick then in span of days, there were rumblings that he might he even be picked #1. Heiskenen just shot up draft boards leading into the same draft. 

• Vintage 1

HH official 2021 draft Canuck #9 wish list 

1 Eklund 

2 Luke Hughes

3 Lysell

4 Kent Johnson 

5 Clarke 

6 Guenther 

7 McTavish

8 Raty

off my list but if Canucks pick im ok with ...but...im not too much a fan of.

Beniers- wont be around at 9 so I haven’t put to much thought on him.

Power -is a defensive bust thats too soft. If he wasn’t 6’6 and just 6 foot hes a 3rd round pick imo.

-Advinsson his Brain is to slow and can’t pass effectively. 

Dont want

#9 used on a Goalie

Go Canucks Go

6E577A24-410B-47E9-9454-EE6575B6F372.gif

• Cheers 2

39 minutes ago, filthycanuck said:

Teams maybe dug deeper in their evaluations, could be a number of factors but this happens all the time during the last few weeks. Remember how Makar was considered the top 7 pick then in span of days, there were rumblings that he might he even be picked #1. Heiskenen just shot up draft boards leading into the same draft. 

Huh, yeah I guess thats true. McTavish is also a desirable position like the D. I felt he was a great pick at 9 or so. Top 5 just seems a little high.

1 hour ago, shayster007 said:

Huh, yeah I guess thats true. McTavish is also a desirable position like the D. I felt he was a great pick at 9 or so. Top 5 just seems a little high.

Couldn't agree more !! I think there are too many other players with really high skill ceilings and floors in the top 5 to blow that pick on McTavish. Most certainly that would be the Hayton / KK effect if he does, a team that is absolutely desperate for a center making that reach - and that team sure as $&!# aint NJ with Hughes and Hischer down the middle. Sure McT would make a great 3rd line center for them - but is that what u wanna waste a #4 on ?!  They really gonna pass on one of the big D - like Luke Hughes ? 

I can see Columbus taking him - specially with if Torts was still there, however again - this is a team with very little skill, especially with Jones and probably Laine outgoing next year. I'm swining for the fence if i'm them as well. 

• Upvote 1

Alright I’m going to take a stab at my best guess how this draft is going to go. 

I know very little about the prospects but have spent the year listening and reading articles from scouts. 

So im basically Bob Mackenzie except I work full time 

1. Buffalo : Powers 

2. Seattle : Beniers

3. Anaheim: Eklund 

4. NJ: Hughes

5. Columbus: Edvinsson

6. Detroit: Walstedt

7. Sanjose: Guenther 

8. LA: Clark

9. Van: Johnson 

..........I’m fairly confident in those 8 other then Edvinsson @ 5 so I’ll go two scenarios

5. Columbus: Mctavish 

6.  Detroit: Walstedt

7. Sanjose: Guenther 

8. LA: Edvinsson 

9. Van: Clarke 

LA is going to take there highest ranked D Man 

Columbus is the swing pick 

Prediction : Van = Johnson or Clarke

• Upvote 1