The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

5 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

If they're looking to go a little off the board, I'm hoping for Coronato; guy is another Bo.

That would be a bold pick. I like Coronato too, just not sure I’d have the stones to be able to make that call at 9OA. But I’ve come away impressed by the game film I’ve seen of him, and generally believe USHL players are undervalued, so I can see reasons for taking him higher than his consensus ranking.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
Autocorrect going ham today

5 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

If they're looking to go a little off the board, I'm hoping for Coronato; guy is another Bo.

Yeah me too. Coronato is crazy good. Im thinking in a few years time when they look back at this draft he will be in the top 5 of players in this draft.

• Cheers 1

So will there be a 'rumour' thread for every kid ranked in the top 50, since JB undoubtedly has done his due diligence on all of them and considered each one to varying degrees at one point for 9 and 41oa?  

I think the knock on Sillinger is his skating, an unorthodox style. Yes?  Horvat wasn't a great skater either when he was drafted, but he worked on that. Same could happen with Sillinger. I've read he's a smart player, who's deceptive, has a good shot. He already has good size. I would be a bit surprised getting him at #9, but I wouldn't be upset.  Canucks need a Top 6C prospect.

24 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I think it would be incredibly bad PR for the canucks to take him at this time.

However I could see a team still drafting him late. 

Conversely it could be incredibly good PR.

A team willing to give a kid, because that is what he was when this happened, another chance.

Which ever g.m. picks him just says " We believe in the rule of law, not mob rule. The player has admitted fault, pled guilty, apologized and has done everything the court told him to do. We look forward to helping him stay on track and will have no further comment at this time."

2 minutes ago, runtzguy said:

Yeah me too. Coronato is crazy good. Im thinking in a few years time when they look back at this draft he will be in the top 5 of players in this draft.

Agree. His stock has been steadily rising, now projected as high as 10 or 11, or something like that. I can't wait for this :D

9 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I hope they’re looking at every player. That’s kind of what scouting is.

As to some pundit saying “there’s a chance” the Canucks pick (insert player x) at 9OA, well sure, there’s always a chance. I don’t see much actual “insider information” to support the claim, but that’s fine. Media guys gotta make a living, and Canucks related content tends to drive page views.

Not that Sillinger wouldn’t be a good addition. He’s a solid prospect. I personally have him in a tier outside the top-10, but I could easily understand a team ranking him higher, and if our scouts are high on him, I’d be fine with the pick.

What I’m garnering from a lot of talk is that the Nux may very well be focused on drafting for positional need this year and not BPA, hence Centre and McTavish/Sillinger.

I’m partial to the BPA camp myself.

7 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Agree. His stock has been steadily rising, now projected as high as 10 or 11, or something like that. I can't wait for this :D

Yeah Coronato can pass, shoot, and deke and plays a 200 foot game. BENNING GET IT DONE

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I think the knock on Sillinger is his skating, an unorthodox style. Yes?  Horvat wasn't a great skater either when he was drafted, but he worked on that. Same could happen with Sillinger. I've read he's a smart player, who's deceptive, has a good shot. He already has good size. I would be a bit surprised getting him at #9, but I wouldn't be upset.  Canucks need a Top 6C prospect.

Bo is one of the very few players that actually turned skating from one of his weaknesses to strengths. IMO, if you're picking a player in the 1st round, and his biggest weakness is skating, then you pass on him. Take that risk in the later rounds. 1st round picks should be all about skill and smarts. 
It may not be the biggest guy (Kane, Caufield), or with the best hands initially, but it's rare to have a player who's a weak skater turn into anything great. 

Look at Gadjovich now. The guy probably could be in the NHL already on a consistent basis if he could actually move out there. 

• Cheers 3