The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

35 minutes ago, HighOnHockey said:

I posted the first half of my final mock draft a couple days ago. Here's part two:

17. Winnipeg - Matt Coronato - I kinda doubt he'll actually fall this far, but I didn't really see a good fit in the previous few picks. Ottawa or Vancouver would make a lot of sense but that seems slightly early for him.
18. Nashville - Brennan Othmann - Lambos or Ceulemans would also make a lot of sense here, but can't see Othmann falling much further.
19. Edmonton - Corson Ceulemans - They like Western Canada and particularly the AJHL lately.
20. Boston - Tyler Boucher - Almost all of their picks under the new DAS have been out of USHL. And Sweeney has shown he doesn't mind going way off the board.
21. Minnesota - Zach Bolduc - Sweden is another likely option but this would be a bit of a reach for any left. They like CHL. Doubt Bolduc falls much further.
22. Detroit - Carson Lambos - Western Canada, defenseman with size, big faller, high-risk high-reward. Fits a lot of the boxes for what you think of as an Yzerman and also vintage Detroit pick.
23. Columbus - Nikita Chibrikov - Kekalainen likes them Euros and Russians, and this is a good spot for Chibrikov.
24. Minnesota - Francesco Pinelli - Again, they like CHL, particularly OHL, and this is the right range for Pinelli.
25. Florida - Samu Tuomaala - They have been really big on Finns since Barkov, and have had some success there.
26. Carolina - Xavier Bourgault - The new regime seems to be all about skill based on last year's draft. And they took Bourgault's linemate last year inPonomaryov.
27. Colorado - Logan Stankoven - Sakic loves western Canada, loves skill and hockey sense, and doesn't mind a little bit smaller player.
28. New Jersey - Zach L'Heureux - Tough to say, still not much history to go off for the current group. They took a QMJHLer in the first round last year.
29. Vegas - Matt Samoskevich - They took Brisson from USHL Chicago last year, so they will be familiar with Samoskevich
30. Montreal - Aatu Raty - Another team that likes picking Finns lately. Someone is bound to take a chance on him by the end of the first I'm sure.
31. Tampa - Daniil Chayka - They like picking big defensive D with their late firsts, and don't mind picking Russians at all.

Oh Christ. Just saw on TSN Holland said they probably won't take a forward.

1 minute ago, HighOnHockey said:

Yeah I had him going in the first half to Calgary. Guess before I finalize my mock I should try to listen to comments from most of the GMs/head scouts.

I mean I don't think he'll fall that far, but if he does and they grab up another F or high risk d then thats a mistake imo. 

Yeah I had him going in the first half to Calgary. Guess before I finalize my mock I should try to listen to comments from most of the GMs/head scouts.

Meh. You may still be right high. Most gms lie athis point to hide their boards

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Goalies are going 6 (Detroit) and 7 (SJ).  Then more top ranked guys fall to us!  :frantic:

that would be awesome. SJS really does need something to be excited about in goal. 

1 hour ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Would be interesting to see how he performs with Detroit: is he a goalie who benefitted from a better coached team with (also) a better roster (like Schmidt) or will he be exposed in Detroit ?   

Having watched a lot of Carolina games this year (second favorite team), I think Ned is legit. I very much like the trade for Detroit, and dislike it from Carolina's POV. Carolina's achilles has been their goaltending, and with how money tight they are, having a legit starter in Ned at a reasonable cap hit was perfect. I rly don't understand it from their side, unless they are going to chase another starter past Mrazek/Reimer, but I don't see that happening.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

that would be awesome. SJS really does need something to be excited about in goal. 

They need help everywhere. Best thing for them is to taked the best available forward

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

We are trading them Holtby tomorrow too. :lol:

I see both goalies, Geunther, Lysell, Beniers, and Eklund taken before we pick.  That’s six spots.  So we get either Edvinson, Clarke, or Hughes.  

Alf has spoken; all shall bow.  :frantic::frantic:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

We are trading them Holtby tomorrow too. :lol:

I see both goalies, Geunther, Lysell, Beniers, and Eklund taken before we pick.  That’s six spots.  So we get either Edvinson, Clarke, or Hughes.  

Alf has spoken; all shall bow.  :frantic::frantic:

have there ever been two goalies taken in the top 10? 

Lol, love how Benning is so focused on BPA he didn't understand the reporter's question about Brandt Clarke. Guy mentioned already having Hughes and Rathbone, and Benning was like "we'll take the player if he's the best player available, regardless if we already have some guys in that position." He thought the question was in regards to already having offensive defensemen, not the lack of RHD.

Edited by HighOnHockey

6 minutes ago, Isam said:

They need help everywhere. Best thing for them is to taked the best available forward

We've seen GMs make weird decisions the last few years, nothing would really surprise me this draft. Two goalies in the top 10, sure why not. Power dropping to 5, okie dokie. We just don't know. 

Lol, love how Benning is so focused on BPA he didn't understand the reporter's question about Brandt Clarke. Guy mentioned already having Hughes and Rathbone, and Benning was like "we'll take the player if he's the best player available, regardless if we already have some guys in that position." He thought the question was in regards to already having offensive defensemen, not the lack of RHD.

Think hebisvtrying to keep his cards close to his chest. Benning in previous years has been easy to ready

• Vintage 1