The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

Schmidt does have value. He is a top four D man. Plus he is signed for 4 years.  Jim doesn't have to move our first to get a return. Just moving Schmidt for a pick would give him the cap space for the UFA market.

He could actually add a first and gain 6 mil without involving any of our picks.

• Cheers 2

Well, I will probably take some heat for this, but............

With only a 1st and 2nd that have more certainty, I am picking the BPA

So, yeah..........Mctavish, Clarke, Guenther, Johnson, Edvinsson, Hughes with the first

But with the second.......I am taking Mailloux if he is still on the board, he is a boarder line 1st round pick, and would probably been a 20ish OA pick had he had a full season

IMO, he did a stupid thing, and is paying for it, but it was a one off, and had not been in trouble before that.

The act that his girlfriend and he were enguaged in is not anything, and it is only his poor decision to post it that is bad.

Yes, he should have known better, yes it was wrong, is he a criminal? I don't think so. 

I also do not think we know the full story as to any apology, or trying to make it right, which I would imagine he would

I am taking him..........sue me!

• RoughGame 1

17 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

"We have a trade to announce, you're gonna like this. The Vancouver Canucks trade the #9 pick and Nate Schmidt to the Tampa Bay Lightning for Mikael Sergachev"

Benning gets his Russian to buddy with Podz ???  Very wishful thinking.

Just hire a Russian "companion" to buddy with Podz.  Zero cap/asset ramifications.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, janisahockeynut said:

So, yeah..........Mctavish, Clarke, Guenther, Johnson, Edvinsson, Hughes with the first

But with the second.......I am taking Mailloux if he is still on the board, he is a boarder line 1st round pick, and would probably been a 20ish OA pick had he had a full season

IMO, he did a stupid thing, and is paying for it, but it was a one off, and had not been in trouble before that.

The act that his girlfriend and he were enguaged in is not anything, and it is only his poor decision to post it that is bad.

Yes, he should have known better, yes it was wrong, is he a criminal? I don't think so. 

I also do not think we know the full story as to any apology, or trying to make it right, which I would imagine he would

Mailoux asked to be left out of this draft. 

• Cheers 1

https://mayorsmanor.com/2021/07/la-kings-predictions-for-the-2020-nhl-entry-draft-round-1/

interesting article from an LA Kings perspective 

-still have interest in Walstedt

-have Sillinger ranked high

-Clarke May not be there guy due to other RHD prospects 

-Mactavish Eklund going early

Edited by Off_The_Schneid!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

He voluntarily asked NHL teams not to draft him and I think teams should respect his request. If he really wanted to show how serious he was with this request he would make it known that he will not sign with any team that drafts him this year. That means he would have to wait two years but that could certainly be a risk for any team not abiding by his wishes.

1 minute ago, kenhodgejr said:

I could see Schmidt being traded before the draft to Carolina for prospect Patrik Puistolla and a 3rd round pick in this draft 

They would want to dump Gardiner on us I assume, maybe send him to Arizona...thats a team taking on bad contracts for picks

7 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

https://mayorsmanor.com/2021/07/la-kings-predictions-for-the-2020-nhl-entry-draft-round-1/

interesting article from an LA Kings perspective 

-still have interest in Walstedt

-have Sillinger ranked high

-Clarke May not be there guy due to other RHD prospects 

-Mactavish Eklund going early

this isn't good news.

2 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Cole Sillinger coached by none other than Willie Desjardins!

helpful, very helpful as a reliable and trustworthy source for information to get a better look at Sillinger's personality and Sillinger's game. Nothing but an advantage for Canucks.

1 minute ago, Beary Sweet said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRrP34wrSXY/?utm_medium=copy_link

They have Hughes compared to Theodore, Johnson - Barzal, Power - Hedman, McTavish - O’Reilly, and many more. This is shaping up to be an exciting draft

Excellent!  Another team interested in a goalie with their top pick!  Love this!  We could see both Cossa and Walstedt go before we pick, which would guarantee a great prospect falls to us.  Can you say, “and the Vancouver Canucks are proud to select Brandt Clarke”?  :towel:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1