The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

27 minutes ago, PLOGUE said:

Benning better do something to recoup picks. This team was one of the worst in the league and we have very few picks. Can't build a team through free agency.

which is why you have seen a strong emphasis on drafting the past few seasons.

Watching the draft, at the moment and an odd mismash of people on the panel. Kevin Weekes, Sam Cosentino and Jeff Gorton and some unknown guest. It says Sportsnet Ontario but looks like a US network.

Miss the days that James Duthie, Bob McKenzie, Craig Button were the go to draft day guys. Also liked when they had Cosentino, Jeff Marek, and Elliote Friedman covering it for sportsnet.

Seems like a lame group this year around.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Watching the draft, at the moment and an odd mismash of people on the panel. Kevin Weekes, Sam Cosentino and Jeff Gorton and some unknown guest. It says Sportsnet Ontario but looks like a US network.

Miss the days that James Duthie, Bob McKenzie, Craig Button were the go to draft day guys. Also liked when they had Cosentino, Jeff Marek, and Elliote Friedman covering it for sportsnet.

Seems like a lame group this year around.

NBC feed I think this is it

• Sad 1

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but on the radio, it didn't sound like Jim has anything lined up to get a pick back. We will get the "we tried to recoup a pick, but ultimately there was no deal that makes sense out there". 

I'll still watch this unfold. I want to know who we should have got or at least what the options were.