The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

1 minute ago, R3aL said:

Edvinsson makes sense for gm who watched Hedman all the time u know 

but if they go goalie internet will stop maybe

I really hope that a run on goalies happens in the first round so that we have better choices left at 40th overall tomorrow.  Wallstedt, Cossa and in a perfect world one more goalie, although that's very improbable.  

Just now, J-Dizzle said:

I think you're gonna lose sleep.... I really wanted Clarke and I'm thinking he ends up being available. Oh well. 

Not oh well. F that. If he blew it it's on him. While he gets canned and collects his money while working for another team we live with his mistakes. 

• RoughGame 2

5 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Me too. But garland is probably better than any forward who will be there at 9 and sounds like the Canucks weren’t high on Clarke 

5 minutes ago, JamesBlondage said:

Clarke is who I wanted the Canucks to nab too...but I am still happy with the trade.

Hey, I am warming up to the trade, don't get me wrong.  It's actually gonna be a beauty especially when the cap starts increasing again, also a buyout friendly contract in OEL.

But man...Clarke....

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I don’t think it ever actually happens this way. The Staal’s never grouped together and I think most players try and play away from home.  Once they are older their “home” has changed.

When the families grow & the kids come along. That’s when these groupings happen & seem to matter the most. 

Unless they crap out in meeting expectations all three of these Hughes boys will be the property of their respective teams awhile as first round draft picks. Compensation for them as RFAs will likely be extremely high to match but NJ might try if the Canucks don’t get a good & lengthy contract commitment.   

Edited by viking mama
  • Like 1