The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

11 minutes ago, viking mama said:

Soon it could be all three.

My fear has always been - if the Canucks don’t get one of the other Hughes brothers thru draft or in trade , or the Canucks aren’t ready to Cup hunt by the time Boeser & Hughes are UFAs, they will both be inclined to walk away. Boeser closer to home/ family in Minnesota & Hughes anywhere to  reunite with his 2 bros.  

Chips are not falling the Canucks way early, on many fronts. 

We'll worry about that in 6 years.

If not contending for Cup by then we'll be rebuilding anyways..  

2 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

Hats off to the hardcore people here watching a draft in which we have no pick!!!

I've changed my profile pic to celebrate our new Burrows.

I see Eklund still on the board.

There will only ever be one Burr/Dragon Slayer.

image.png

Just now, Kobayashi Maru said:

Probably not but OEL is.

I always feel for players that have been cursed by being Coyotes - for so many reasons.

I know I'd find it hard to get particularly excited to play there - particularly in the past few years when they went full gong show.

OEL is coming to a rabid hockey market with (wadr to the Yotes) a whole lot more promise than Phoenix has ever had.

I certainly can't speak for him - but I'd have to imagine that coming to play with EP, chill with the Sedins, etc might be a welcome change for him.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

supposedly the best RHD in the draft. I do like a few options in the 2nd round for this tho, Morrow would be a solid consolation prize tomorrow. 

I think Morrow will end up as good as Clarke. Didn't expect to have a shot at Clarke with 9th so I've been hoping for Morrow for quite a while. He fell back because he stayed in high school but so did Rathbone and look how he has turned out so far, although Rathbone did it for a much better reason

• Vintage 1

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

supposedly the best RHD in the draft. I do like a few options in the 2nd round for this tho, Morrow would be a solid consolation prize tomorrow. 

I don't believe that will turn out to be true. I like Morrow too.