The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

2 minutes ago, FlyLow_ said:

Jesus, Stevie Y gonna end up with Edvinsson and Wallstedt?

Goalies taken in the top 15 are hit and miss.

Right now Wallstedt is all hype.

Edvinsson looks good but we’ll see

Edited by DeNiro

24 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

McTavish was my first choice. Was hoping Johnson would be available at 9 for us. Was also hoping Hughes would fall. None of that happened. 

Really glad we got Garland and excited for his future with us. Hope JB can recoup some picks. 

Exactly man! Mactavish, Hughes or Johnson. Was 50/50 on Carlos def a wild card. These picks make that trade look better for sure! 

• Cheers 1

I like how we have a few terriers (bulldogs?) in our lineup .....  Motte, Hoglander, Garland, Podkolzin, Lockwood - with a couple in the wings in Focht and Costmar ... and led by our great mastiff, JT himself.  We're going to be a puck-hounding team this next season!!

Said it about a dozen times....Cossa will go before Wallstedt.  Watching him play in the W that kid is HUGE and as athletic as Schneider was in his prime...but he's never injured

Edited by Warhippy

Just now, Nucksownyou said:

Like some others have said, Benning must have known who the first eight teams were taking, so he felt comfortable giving up the 9th overall.

Exactly how I feel.

All the top D and centers gone? 

Feeling much more comfortable with the trade.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Wow I didn't realize Cossa was 6'6. Good pick for DET.

As much as Yzerman is regarded as a god, the 1st round has not been his strength; Connolly, Namestnikov, Koekkeok, Drouin, DeAngelo, exc.

The one obvious exception is nabbing Andrei Vasilevsky mid-round in 2012, and here he is jumping up mid-round for a goalie again. 

• Cheers 1