The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

Just now, MikeyD said:

We are gonna regret not getting him. Plays a very similar game to Hoglander. 

Don’t need two.

Our roster has many different elements right now. We don’t need another Hoglander or Petey.

We needed a solid two way defenseman or a center/winger with some size and snarl.

Neither of those were available at our pick.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Don’t need two.

Our roster has many different elements right now. We don’t need another Hoglander or Petey.

We needed a solid two way defenseman or a center/winger with some size and snarl.

Neither of those were available at our pick.

I disagree. You can never have too many guys who want the puck more than the other team does at all times, and has hands and vision to boot. 

This team needs a full line of these monsters and having a line of Podkolzin, Lysell and a center like Mac would be scary as hell to play against. 

2 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Going to be some pretty decent players available tomorrow when we pick

Who are you thinking? I'm not seeing too much left that I think will really truly blow my mind. There's some I'd be happy with at that spot but I wouldn't lose my mind over I don't think. 

7 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

We are gonna regret not getting him. Plays a very similar game to Hoglander. 

It’s not as simple as just getting him. And we already have a Hoglander and now a Garland. Let’s go!

• Cheers 1

Raty, Stankoven, Morrow, Koivunen, Martino and Chibrikov all left on the board.  

I'd be thrilled with any one of them at 40th (41st) overall! 

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I disagree. You can never have too many guys who want the puck more than the other team does at all times, and has hands and vision to boot. 

This team needs a full line of these monsters and having a line of Podkolzin, Lysell and a center like Mac would be scary as hell to play against. 

I disagree you can have too many smaller players.

At some point you need size to battle and protect the puck.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Gotta add my broken record take, don't think he will be there but have I mentioned lately that I want Ceulemans.

1 minute ago, J-Dizzle said:

It's too bad he had some unknown sickness that caused him to miss the first rounds in 2014 and 2016 :ph34r:

1y50bu.jpg

lol. 2014 was before Brackett.   2016 Jim insisted on the pick. 

Don't know why he can't get a little praise for his work here.  His work in the US college helped with landing Boeser and Demko, not to mention the last few years #1s. 

Sorry eh, but I'm interested in how he does in Minnesota  

3 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Yeah I’m excited for tomorrow. Such a random draft for scouting. Probably some gems in later rounds too