The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

48 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Every year our 2nd rounder is a steal, yet don’t remember seeing one of them in the lineup

Demko and Hoglander don't ring a bell? When did you last watch the Canucks? 

Edited by Canuckster86
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Hope Raty is a Canuck! He was labeled as a top 5 pick last year before he fell off. Thought a team late in the 1st would take a gamble on him but wow. Still on the board. It’s unbelievable

That would be nutz if he made it to 40

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, hammertime said:

That would be nutz if he made it to 40

I want us to get a RHD really bad, but I think Raty must be taken if he is there at our 2nd round pick. If we can move out Schmidt for a late 2nd or early 3rd rounder we might still get a decent RHD prospect. Can't follow tomorrow's draft at all have family obligations but will try to look for updates whenever I can from my phone to see if we make any trades or who we select regardless!

Just now, Canuckster86 said:

I want us to get a RHD really bad, but I think Raty must be taken if he is there at our 2nd round pick. If we can move out Schmidt for a late 2nd or early 3rd rounder we might still get a decent RHD prospect. Can't follow tomorrow's draft at all have family obligations but will try to look for updates whenever I can from my phone to see if we make any trades or who we select regardless!

How often do guys who fall like that actually work out?

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The last one in my memory is Maxime Comtois. Fell to #50 in the second round after being ranked as high as #4 in the first round by Bob's pre-season ranking. 

https://www.tsn.ca/mckenzie-s-pre-season-ranking-the-nolan-patrick-draft-1.567410

Granted he also had a few guys ranked high that haven't turned out well. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, HomeBrew said:

The last one in my memory is Maxime Comtois. Fell to #50 in the second round after being ranked as high as #4 in the first round by Bob's pre-season ranking. 

https://www.tsn.ca/mckenzie-s-pre-season-ranking-the-nolan-patrick-draft-1.567410

Granted he also had a few guys ranked high that haven't turned out well. 

The guy who immediately springs to mind is Angelo Esposito.  Schroeder was another.

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I can't recall a guy who was talked about being a top 3 pick the year out from his draft year then not being drafted at all in the 1st round in his draft year. I never have followed the draft closely to know if some early year out rankings have been that far wrong once the draft came too a year later

How did the interview of Luke Hughes go with all the family? Any talks about trying to unite as a trio being brought up in the interview?

Imagine if it happened, we could get an insane haul from NJ I bet, so doubtful to happen tho at least for this moment.

1 hour ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

So many potential great picks still available:

Raty

Morrow

Chayka

Schmidt

Klimovich

Pinelli

Chibrikov

Robertsson

Dach

We should end up with a potentially really good player in the 2nd and maybe two if we move Schmidt.

It’s crazy that Raty is still on the board. I can’t help but think that one of the 8 teams ahead of us will snatch him though. Same with Morrow. 

2 hours ago, hammertime said:

Getting excited there are at least 10 guys I would consider 1st round picks available.  In no particular order as of yet I'd be pretty stoked with any of em. 

Heimosalmi

Raty

Robertson

Stankoven

Svozil

Chibrikov

Tuomaala

Chayka

Morrow

Koivunen

Gotta swing for the fences here.

Go with Chibrikov or Raty: Highest star potential.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1