The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Gotta swing for the fences here.

Go with Chibrikov or Raty: Highest star potential.

Stankoven, Pastujov, Koivunen and maybe Tuomaala have decent star potential as well. Stromgren is a safer pick with size. Morrow and Svozil are solid defensive picks while Heimosalmi could be a swing for the fences type pick as well.

But yes right now, my top choice if available is Chibrikov.

• Cheers 1

Just watched the first 15 selections after work. With the Sharks on the clock, and my two favourite players still on the board, I nearly had a heart attack. So glad they went before our pick. I had suggested trading up from 9, but after seeing how much the Redwings had to give to trade up, I'm not sure it was possible. I liked the OEL trade, but wanted to reserve judgment until I saw how the chips fell. I feel a lot better about it now.

Edited by Nave
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, D-Money said:

I’m gonna guess that Vancouver trades Schmidt to Montreal for a 2nd and a 3rd. Or maybe two 2nds (Habs have both #63 & #64, the last 2 picks of the 2nd round).

Yeah thats feasible. Habs will probably want to keep their lineup consistent having a good d-corps and try to replace Shea Weber (not saying Schmidt is on Webers level by any means). A 2nd and a 4th or 5th I think is doable. Our GM is a moron when it comes to asset management but he sure knows how to find talent in the draft

6 hours ago, FireGillis said:

Indefensible pick! Exhibit A of "hockey culture."  There's no getting around it when people try to defend hockey culture as they can always point to this pick now. Just shameful and classless by Montreal!

Maybe its more indicative of the person involved being real with what happened, has been going through counseling has obligations in public speaking and making things right. Maybe just maybe cancel culture won't win this one and an organization has publicly recognized the person's faults and is willing to work with the individual. Opposite of classless.

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, D-Money said:

I’m gonna guess that Vancouver trades Schmidt to Montreal for a 2nd and a 3rd. Or maybe two 2nds (Habs have both #63 & #64, the last 2 picks of the 2nd round).

Very possible. But then we lose a top 4 defenceman. Hopefully JB has his crosshairs on someone in FA to fill that void, possibly at a lower price even.

6 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

How did the interview of Luke Hughes go with all the family? Any talks about trying to unite as a trio being brought up in the interview?

Imagine if it happened, we could get an insane haul from NJ I bet, so doubtful to happen tho at least for this moment.

They sort of jokingly talked about Quinn joining them and he made a joke along the lines of “Why would I want to, that rink stinks.”  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

On 7/23/2021 at 3:19 PM, FlyLow_ said:

People don't get it, they'd rather have a smurf forward that is flashy but doesn't actually do anything.

A unique, but valuable case could be newly-minted Stanley Cup champion David Savard, because word is he’s more willing than some of his peers to consider Canadian destinations. One GM said Thursday that he’s hearing more and more from players that they prefer not to play in Canada. “It’s a real thing,” he said, mentioning taxes, social media and tighter pandemic restrictions.

I LOVE the fact the AHLberta teams made AHL moves. Cowgary taking another harvard guy that hopefully pulls a fox, And deadmondump for having a franchise goalie infront of them, But electing to take an offensive center.

EDM center depth :
McDiver
Drysaddle
Nuge
Holloway ( 14th lastyear )
Bourgault 

Depth at all other positions :
N/A

Really looking forward to 7 year hyman deal too lmao