The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Really like Morrow.  Big kid, who can really skate and handle the puck.  Smart too.  Huge upside.  

Huge risk. Playing high school is a little different then playing ushl or whl etc. Plus i watched his audition with fargo and he didnt exactly set the world on fire. Und, i think was right in that he needs alot of work before he makes the jump to the ncaa.

3 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

They sort of jokingly talked about Quinn joining them and he made a joke along the lines of “Why would I want to, that rink stinks.”  

I think the quote was a statement recalled by Quinn that he made to his brother in jest before he was actually drafted by NJ, saying…”Why would you want to play there, the rink stinks?”Totally a different scenario. 

Either brother coming to VanCity would have pleased Quinn, but the odds of playing together were always rare, then VAN trades away their 1st round pick. It is now easier for the elder brother Quinn, to eventually choose where he will play, and sooner, than his 2 younger bros. 

NJD will be lurk about, mark my words.

Edited by viking mama

Just now, zimmy said:

What about JB trading 41 to move down and gain another pick? Got to be a wide open draft now if it wasn’t already yesterday

I don’t think that’s smart.

There is guaranteed be some very good players available at 41. Not a guarantee later in the second.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

CBJ won the draft yesterday.

Three great picks and any one or all of them could be the best player IN the draft due to the uncertainty of quality with covid.  Hard not to feel a shade envious

Well they're going to suck for a long time going forward

Happy GIF

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Trebreh said:

I hope we can trade Schmidt for a high 2nd or couple of 2nds. There's lots of good players left. Raty and Morrow would be great.

I don't think Schmidt is going anywhere, they need dmen, not to jettison them

Just now, DeNiro said:

Might not even need to trade up.

Could very well be available by the 9th pick.

It's possible I guess, but not likely.  Though I kept saying that through all of round 1.  My guess is he goes first or second today