The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

Just now, nzan said:

Did Raty like spread nasty rumours about all the scouts moms or something?

I don't know if I wanted us to take him, but has anyone ever dropped off this bad?

Scouts question his drive.

Seems like he might be one of those pouty Finns.

https://thehockeywriters.com/danila-klimovich-2021-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

Klimovich is a highly creative goal scoring forward with an NHL caliber shot and a compete level that is off the charts. He also knows how to finish his chances, which is something that can elude a lot of players striving to be consistent offensive producers. All in all, he has all the skills of a top line forward, which makes it hard to believe that we are just discovering him a couple of months away from the draft. I guess if he was playing in a more prominent league like the KHL or MHL, we probably would have known about him sooner.

All in all, Klimovich’s name is one to keep an eye on, as he could become a steal in the first few rounds. North America could be seeing more of him in the coming seasons too, as he was drafted in the 2020 CHL Import Draft by the QMJHL’s Rouyn-Noranda. If he does ultimately come over from Belarus, I’m sure he will quickly become a household name, that is, if he isn’t already.

“The size, the skills, the hockey sense are all there for him to be an offensive producing player and he’s consistent in his approach. He’s got NHL speed and competes hard. Now, he does have a flair for the dramatic at times, but that’s good. It means he’s confident, but, every shift, he’s first on pucks, always going to the net and he’s got that knack to be open and available to get that shot off. He’s on the top line and is the top scorer and he’s one of the first forwards coming back on the play.” – Dan Marr, director of NHL Central Scouting

“While his skill is clearly raw, he’s got a quick release and, in a similar vein as Alex Ovechkin, he has a knack for finding open ice – something Klimovich considers a strong point in his game. Klimovich has agile hands that allows him to control the puck effectively and while his skating isn’t anything special, he can move the puck at a nice speed.” – Steven Ellis, The Hockey News

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Was hoping for Morrow or Raty…. 

Was reading up on this kid this morning, and it sounds like there is unlimited potential with this guy. If it works out , he   Projects to be a top 6 forward…. Fast, bag and has a rocket of a shot…

we just need another 2nd round pick ASAP!

Scouch says .....

"I saw Danila Klimovich at the U18s just like everyone else, and he could be an interesting pickup for teams looking for a triggerman with deceptive skill, but he's still a project to me."

• Cheers 1

not the pick I was expecting but I’m pretty happy with this. Someone meantioned jake replacement and I think you are right, but a jake replacement that plays on the aggressive side.

watched some games he played in the Belarusian top league this season (saw him in 3) and he seemed very aggressive, used his body well, and didn’t try to force the game and took the sensible option when on the puck 

• Cheers 2