The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Hard working, physical guy with good hockey sense, size, and a good shot.  Why are people moaning about this?

Because they wanted another player, or they're the ones that moan about literally everything the Canucks do.
People will act like they know more about the prospects than the ones that are actually paid to scout them and judge the pick negatively from the start.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Hard working, physical guy with good hockey sense, size, and a good shot.  Why are people moaning about this?

Because they don't know him.  I don't know him either, but going to give Benning the benefit of the doubt.  I was hoping for a C though. 

EDIT - but it sounds like Klimovich plays both C and Wing?  Great then.

Edited by NUCKER67

Klimovich is a highly creative goal scoring forward with an NHL caliber shot and a compete level that is off the charts. He also knows how to finish his chances, which is something that can elude a lot of players striving to be consistent offensive producers. All in all, he has all the skills of a top line forward, which makes it hard to believe that we are just discovering him a couple of months away from the draft. I guess if he was playing in a more prominent league like the KHL or MHL, we probably would have known about him sooner.

All in all, Klimovich’s name is one to keep an eye on, as he could become a steal in the first few rounds. North America could be seeing more of him in the coming seasons too, as he was drafted in the 2020 CHL Import Draft by the QMJHL’s Rouyn-Noranda. If he does ultimately come over from Belarus, I’m sure he will quickly become a household name, that is, if he isn’t already.

Danila Klimovich – NHL Draft Projection

After the skill and potential he displayed at the U18s, I would expect a lot of NHL teams now have him on their radar as a potential second or third round pick. Although, given the small sample size and quality of competition he showcased his game in, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him drop into the fourth or fifth round and subsequently be a potential steal for whatever team drafts him.

Quotables

“The size, the skills, the hockey sense are all there for him to be an offensive producing player and he’s consistent in his approach. He’s got NHL speed and competes hard. Now, he does have a flair for the dramatic at times, but that’s good. It means he’s confident, but, every shift, he’s first on pucks, always going to the net and he’s got that knack to be open and available to get that shot off. He’s on the top line and is the top scorer and he’s one of the first forwards coming back on the play.” – Dan Marr, director of NHL Central Scouting

“While his skill is clearly raw, he’s got a quick release and, in a similar vein as Alex Ovechkin, he has a knack for finding open ice – something Klimovich considers a strong point in his game. Klimovich has agile hands that allows him to control the puck effectively and while his skating isn’t anything special, he can move the puck at a nice speed.” – Steven Ellis, The Hockey News

https://thehockeywriters.com/danila-klimovich-2021-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

Squam’s waiting for his Twitter guy (Taj?) so he can find out what he’s supposed to think.

You can just feeling Squam lurking in the shadows. Pre typed comments waiting to post after every Canucks move 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Wayne Glensky said:

Canucks don’t need another 5’8 170 player. Canuck Twitter is blowing up. “BuT bUt sTaNkOvEn”. 

They don't understand when one team are smurfs and the other are huge, the smurfs don't touch the puck. 

See Canucks vs Vegas in the bubble for reference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1