The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

I know T

4 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

He would be considered as an import pick if he came over, and because most Euopean players have different clauses, he would be considered eligible to play in the AHL now if I am correct. Highly doubt the Canucks will rush this guy though, major junior or other European pro leagues will be good for him. Seems like a very raw prospect but potential to be an better player than most.

This gave me some Ovechkin vibes. Dudes just always chilling in the high slot while the rest of the team is doing its thing, then as soon as the puck gets to him BAM. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

I wonder if VAN went with Klimovich (RW), because they already have Focht, Costmar and Zlodeyev developing at C, and maybe they see those players as having potential to make the bigs?  

I think they just went with who they thought was BPA. The fact that he seems to be able to play center and wing probably was a factor as well.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

I wonder if VAN went with Klimovich (RW), because they already have Focht, Costmar and Zlodeyev developing at C, and maybe they see those players as having potential to make the bigs?  

We would be lucky if they do 

6 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

He would be considered as an import pick if he came over, and because most Euopean players have different clauses, he would be considered eligible to play in the AHL now if I am correct. Highly doubt the Canucks will rush this guy though, major junior or other European pro leagues will be good for him. Seems like a very raw prospect but potential to be an better player than most.

Beauty of a shot

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

my guess would be they went with him because he was the bpa on their draft list.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

Why would we want to make our defense weaker for only a 2nd in return?

No fans devalue assets like Canuck fans!

So we can free up $6 million in cap space so we can get a partner for Hughes.  We have Hughes, OEL and Rathbone.  We don’t need Schmidt anymore.  

• Cheers 2

Just now, Ur a Towel said:

This. Schmidt is worth way more to us playing than getting just a 2nd round pick back.

Yeah I kinda wanna see what he's got in a non covid messed up season on the right side of a player like OEL

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Isam said:

Kind of but he needs work. Skill is there thoughbto be a first liner. Canucks better have an actual plan for him

Love this pick, some high end speed and talent and the competitiveness needed to excel. I am sure the Canucks know what they are doing and are probably a little giddy that they picked him.

• Cheers 1