The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

4 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

There is zero reason to dump him cheap. Why devalue him? He's a top 4 D.

Florida can add a prospect.  You can’t win a Stanley Cup with 4 offensive defencemen.  Just ask Colorado.  We need some girth and truculence on the back end.  

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Lou makes the move. Gets Raty. 

I remember watching Barzal fall in their laps several drafts back. It blew my mind then that that insanely talented kid fell back to them back then, and it blows my mind that they managed to snag Raty in the mid second round this draft. Good job Isles!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, YearoftheNuck said:

I remember watching Barzal fall in their laps several drafts back. It blew my mind then that that insanely talented kid fell back to them back then, and it blows my mind that they managed to snag Raty in the mid second round this draft. Good job Isles!

Isles traded up for that pick I remember when Boston had those 3 picks in a row and didn't draft barzal my jaw dropped and then they announced a trade for that pick and I was super disappointed it wasn't the Canucks lol

2 minutes ago, YearoftheNuck said:

Maybe, or maybe another HoSang. That's the fun part of all of this. Looking back years from now. Love the draft. 

11 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

So when’s Canucks next pick? 
5th round, crazy another year of few picks.

If the quality is right you don’t need many, quantity helps when you are throwing $&!# at the wall and seeing what sticks 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Florida can add a prospect.  You can’t win a Stanley Cup with 4 offensive defencemen.  Just ask Colorado.  We need some girth and truculence on the back end.  

If they add Weegar or Verhaeghe or Marchment, I'm listening.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

you'd be surprised, GMs don't make judgement on one season and definitely don't disregard the variable known as covid. Schmidt was worth a 3rd because the team was trying to move his salary and every other GM knew it. You get better than a 3rd for him any day of the week lol.

Not with his performance and sexual assault case hanging over him!

7 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Schmidt played the right side for us last year - where we have Myers and.........Woo.

True.  That’s why Benning needs to go all in and get Hakanpaa and Hamonic.  We need two large defensive RHD who can partner with Hughes and OEL.  I don’t see Schmidt as a valid partner for either.  Colorado played with a smaller D last year and we know what happened.  

Hughes      Hamonic

OEL           Hakanpaa

Juolevi       Myers

Rathbone 

Just now, Warhippy said:

Passed on Raty and Hemo-Salami

Hmmmmm

Clearly teams are not sold on Raty. His hype has worn off but I guess the Islanders wanna gamble.

I remember when people on here hyped Kabanov and said the Islanders were geniuses for taking him in the 3rd. Never played an NHL game.

None of us can pretend to know which players are gonna be better than others. Even the scouts are just guessing.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

True.  That’s why Benning needs to go all in and get Hakanpaa and Hamonic.  We need two large defensive RHD who can partner with Hughes and OEL.  I don’t see Schmidt as a valid partner for either.  Colorado played with a smaller D last year and we know what happened.  

Hughes      Hamonic

OEL           Hakanpaa

Juolevi       Myers

Rathbone 

I have no interest in a Hughes Hamonic 'top' pairing personally.  If that happens, it was plan 'way down the alphabet' (ie not plan A, B, C, or even D)...default if nothing else worked.  I'd take Savard over Hamonic - (I don't want to be too hard on Hamonic, but imo he was/is a placeholder here.

Hakanpaa I've always wanted - but wouldn't pencil him into the 'top 4' - and imo you should prioritize Hughes partner over OEL - who could fit well with either Schmidt or Myers - not sure why anyone should assume otherwise.

• Cheers 1