The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

1 minute ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

Doesn’t seem like we will get 2021 draft picks for Nate Schmidt.  When is the trade going to happen?

I don’t think it will happen until later this week when UFAs start being signed. Hopefully we’ll recoup some picks for the 2022 draft.

4 minutes ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

Doesn’t seem like we will get 2021 draft picks for Nate Schmidt.  When is the trade going to happen?

Knowing Benning he probably prefers 2022 picks anyways. Much deeper draft apparently.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Florida can add a prospect.  You can’t win a Stanley Cup with 4 offensive defencemen.  Just ask Colorado.  We need some girth and truculence on the back end.  

And, you don't get there flipping him for a pick at this stage of our rebuild, you need a hockey trade that brings in someone who helps us now.

• Upvote 1

Excited about our pick. Klimovich has some untapped potential. Basically replaces our loss of Lind. I feel he’s going to be a solid middle 6 forward. So many names were still available at our pick like Raty, Stankoven but really pumped about Klimovich

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It seems like all the brothers are getting together this off-season with the same team... the Jones brothers, the Hughes brothers, now the Dach brothers.

We should get Peteys bro Emil over here.

3 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Excited about our pick. Klimovich has some untapped potential. Basically replaces our loss of Lind. I feel he’s going to be a solid middle 6 forward. So many names were still available at our pick like Raty, Stankoven but really pumped about Klimovich

It’s obvious Benning and co are looking for players who play a certain style more than anything.

Those two may have high skill but they lack the high intensity attack style game that we’re looking for.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Hydration 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It’s obvious Benning and co are looking for players who play a certain style more than anything.

Those two may have high skill but they lack the high intensity attack style game that we’re looking for.

These are playoff players for sure, couldn’t agree more

• Hydration 2

3 minutes ago, Jacereid93 said:

Gotta love Carolinas willingness to draft defence. Would have to thinking morrow would have been our pick if he was still on the board. 

I stated previously that my dream draft would be Johnson, Morrow, and Brent Johnson

2 outta 3 were out of our range it appears but I'm still hoping for Brent :p pleaaaaase