The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

6 minutes ago, appleboy said:

This is what some of us were saying about this draft. There are potential hidden gems that a lot of teams had very little on. 

This kid is big and skates really well. NHL caliber shot and has soft hands. No one had much on him. Some how we did. They may have found another Hoglander.

Benning got a good look at him when he went to Texas for the U18's. After that PP clinic the kid put on a lot of teams started looking in to him and I guess Benning was one of the most impressed.

Hard to not like the pick, big, high motor, good IQ and good hands with a hard shot, especially with all the people on here complaining we are "too small" and "too soft". Had a good laugh when I checked Twitter and saw all the meltdowns, Cam Robinson saying it was a big reach and the player would of been worth considering as a 4th or 5th rounder made me laugh when the consensus on the kid just before the draft was as a late 2nd or early 3rd. It's a very strange day when JD Burke likes something the Canucks did.

6 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Maybe its more indicative of the person involved being real with what happened, has been going through counseling has obligations in public speaking and making things right. Maybe just maybe cancel culture won't win this one and an organization has publicly recognized the person's faults and is willing to work with the individual. Opposite of classless.

14 hours ago, J-Dizzle said:

Season 7 Bobby GIF by Parks and Recreation

Not me. Do a little research before banging those keys.

Someone like you asked sarcastically how many goals did Brackett score to which Iain MacIntyre wrote last year:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canucks-mailbag-whats-going-gm-jim-benning-judd-brackett/

Zero goals. The same as Olli Juolevi at the NHL level. But Juolevi was Benning’s choice back in 2016 because the GM wanted a defenceman and loved what he saw from the Finn at the world juniors. He could have chosen Mikhail Sergachev or Charlie McAvoy. Benning is believed to have gone with Brackett’s first-round recommendation ever since.

And that's not the only source.  But....let me guess...FAKE NEWS!

lol. You want to keep talking about Brackett?  I made a short neutral factual comment on a move that was done by him and the Wild  in the draft as it happened.  Didn't know it would spurn on such a response. He did a lot for our team. Respect bro.  I know he works for an enemy rival now but I'm still interested in following how he does... so shoot me.  I promise I won't report to him about what Wiesbrod and Benning are up to if that makes you feel better.

4 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

What Does That Mean Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

On 6/27/2021 at 10:46 PM, Bertuzzipunch said:

This would be a interesting pick for us in the 3rd round. Why not draft a big guy like this?

Roman Schmidt

2020-21 Team: USNTDP Juniors (USHL) #60
Date of Birth: Feb 27, 2003
Place of Birth: Midland, MI, USA
Ht: 6-foot-6 Wt: 209 pounds
Shoots: Right
Position: Right Defenseman
NHL Draft Eligibility: 2021 first-year eligible

9E8CF0CA-E6C0-4298-9A7E-2283535EB1B5.jpeg

13 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Not me. Do a little research before banging those keys.

Someone like you asked sarcastically how many goals did Brackett score to which Iain MacIntyre wrote last year:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canucks-mailbag-whats-going-gm-jim-benning-judd-brackett/

Zero goals. The same as Olli Juolevi at the NHL level. But Juolevi was Benning’s choice back in 2016 because the GM wanted a defenceman and loved what he saw from the Finn at the world juniors. He could have chosen Mikhail Sergachev or Charlie McAvoy. Benning is believed to have gone with Brackett’s first-round recommendation ever since.

And that's not the only source.  But....let me guess...FAKE NEWS!

lol. You want to keep talking about Brackett?  I made a short neutral factual comment on a move that was done by him and the Wild  in the draft as it happened.  Didn't know it would spurn on such a response. He did a lot for our team. Respect bro.  I know he works for an enemy rival now but I'm still interested in following how he does... so shoot me.  I promise I won't report to him about what Wiesbrod and Benning are up to if that makes you feel better.

Huh. I guess Judd must have dressed up as Delorme to push drafting Petterson….. 

All joking aside (before you blow a gasket), Judd did a good job. It’s just disingenuous to give him credit for all our good picks and somehow remove him from responsibility for our less impressive ones.

it’s like Brackett has served as the primary excuse for anything good that has happened in the organization so people who don’t like Benning don’t have to give him credit for anything good that happens.  

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1