The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

4 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

What Does That Mean Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

On 6/27/2021 at 10:46 PM, Bertuzzipunch said:

This would be a interesting pick for us in the 3rd round. Why not draft a big guy like this?

Roman Schmidt

2020-21 Team: USNTDP Juniors (USHL) #60
Date of Birth: Feb 27, 2003
Place of Birth: Midland, MI, USA
Ht: 6-foot-6 Wt: 209 pounds
Shoots: Right
Position: Right Defenseman
NHL Draft Eligibility: 2021 first-year eligible

9E8CF0CA-E6C0-4298-9A7E-2283535EB1B5.jpeg

13 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Not me. Do a little research before banging those keys.

Someone like you asked sarcastically how many goals did Brackett score to which Iain MacIntyre wrote last year:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canucks-mailbag-whats-going-gm-jim-benning-judd-brackett/

Zero goals. The same as Olli Juolevi at the NHL level. But Juolevi was Benning’s choice back in 2016 because the GM wanted a defenceman and loved what he saw from the Finn at the world juniors. He could have chosen Mikhail Sergachev or Charlie McAvoy. Benning is believed to have gone with Brackett’s first-round recommendation ever since.

And that's not the only source.  But....let me guess...FAKE NEWS!

lol. You want to keep talking about Brackett?  I made a short neutral factual comment on a move that was done by him and the Wild  in the draft as it happened.  Didn't know it would spurn on such a response. He did a lot for our team. Respect bro.  I know he works for an enemy rival now but I'm still interested in following how he does... so shoot me.  I promise I won't report to him about what Wiesbrod and Benning are up to if that makes you feel better.

Huh. I guess Judd must have dressed up as Delorme to push drafting Petterson….. 

All joking aside (before you blow a gasket), Judd did a good job. It’s just disingenuous to give him credit for all our good picks and somehow remove him from responsibility for our less impressive ones.

it’s like Brackett has served as the primary excuse for anything good that has happened in the organization so people who don’t like Benning don’t have to give him credit for anything good that happens.  

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1
1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

Would rather have the trade we did with our 3rd

Me too.

Id rather have a prospect than Holtby though.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Hydration 1

I'm not crazy about Holtby's salary, but I'm not so sure I'm ready to see DiPietro as a regular backup. If they can move Holtby at the trade deadline I'm ok with that. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Me too.

Id rather have a prospect than Holtby though.

I could see him get moved, but I think for closer to a 4th. I think we could get more if his contract wasn't as heavily loaded on the 2nd year.

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm not crazy about Holtby's salary, but I'm not so sure I'm ready to see DiPietro as a regular backup. If they can move Holtby at the trade deadline I'm ok with that. 

Broissot is our guy if we can fit him.

Vanacek if we wanna go cheaper and can acquire him.

• Like 1