The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

When is the draft lottery? To be honest, it all depends on where we pick to determine who we should select. If we pick around 5-7 and Hughes is available, I have a feeling JB will nab him. An all Hughes pairing would look awfully salivating. But if we manage to climb up in the draft lotto and pick say 1st, 2nd or 3rd, the likes of Power, Clarke or Beniers would look just as good. It would be game changing to pick one of these and franchise altering. Anywho, just a response to my question and thoughts would be cool. Enjoy!

5 hours ago, hammertime said:

Of course I'd rather not lose Kole but realistically I'd rather they took Kole than Myers or Holtby.  

Hammer, call me on this if you want, but we are a loosing hockey club with Myers and Holtby on it. Lind has nothing to do with our loosing season.

Seriously, why do you value them so much?

21 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

I AM 100% down for a SET BACK! Have u not seen Shane Wright, Matthew Savoie, that russian guy, Brad Lambert, Connor bedard, and the other russian guy named Michkov. 

Bedard and Michov aren't draft eligible until 2023. That's a long time to tank. We can't be in a constant state of tank. 

• Cheers 2

39 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Hammer, call me on this if you want, but we are a loosing hockey club with Myers and Holtby on it. Lind has nothing to do with our loosing season.

Seriously, why do you value them so much?

I would be pumped if Seattle took Myers and that steep contract.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

When is the draft lottery? To be honest, it all depends on where we pick to determine who we should select. If we pick around 5-7 and Hughes is available, I have a feeling JB will nab him. An all Hughes pairing would look awfully salivating. But if we manage to climb up in the draft lotto and pick say 1st, 2nd or 3rd, the likes of Power, Clarke or Beniers would look just as good. It would be game changing to pick one of these and franchise altering. Anywho, just a response to my question and thoughts would be cool. Enjoy!

I think the draft lottery is June 2. Im not 100% tho. Im too lazy to Google it

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Svechkov would make for a good future 3rd C if he falls to the 2nd round. He's ranked around 30-40.

JD

If we got him in the second round, I would be so stoked...............you are so right on, on this one, but me thinkith he will be gone before that....................

But if the impossible happens...............man, me and you will have to have a beer! 

Well here in my dream land..............I am trading Miller for

Columbus's 6th OA and 25th OA, which gives us...............

#1 OA..............Clarke

#6 OA..............Johnson/Sillinger/McTavish

#25 OA............Svechkov

#37 OA............Morrow

If we were to get 2 of these, I would still be pretty happy.........any 2 really!

28 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

JD

If we got him in the second round, I would be so stoked...............you are so right on, on this one, but me thinkith he will be gone before that....................

But if the impossible happens...............man, me and you will have to have a beer! 

Zlodeyev has been making strides in Russia and has potential as a defensive bottom 6 C. It would be nice to have someone better(middle 6 C potenital) to shore up those spots.

Samu Salminen could be a good get at C in the 2nd round if Svechkov is gone. He was a bright spot for Finland in the U18s. He wore the C as the had 7 goals and 2 assists in 7 games.

Belarus center Danila Klimovich had a pretty good tourney. 6 goals in 5 games at the U18s all on a weaker Belarus team. Could probably be had in the 3rd/4th round.

Prefer to try to get a C who's got a bit of size on top of the talent.

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Zlodeyev has been making strides in Russia and has potential as a defensive bottom 6 C. It would be nice to have someone better(middle 6 C potenital) to shore up those spots.

Samu Salminen could be a good get at C in the 2nd round if Svechkov is gone. He was a bright spot for Finland in the U18s. He wore the C as the had 7 goals and 2 assists in 9 games.

Belarus center Danila Klimovich had a pretty good tourney. 6 goals in 5 games at the U18s all on a weaker Belarus team. Could probably be had in the 3rd/4th round.

Prefer to try to get a C who's got a bit of size on top of the talent.

I would absolutely love McTavish for that reason...........big, strong good on F/O, and is a 200 ft player. Average foot speed, though

8 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I would absolutely love McTavish for that reason...........big, strong good on F/O, and is a 200 ft player. Average foot speed, though

Yeah I wouldn't use a 1st on a C unless it was Beniers. McTavish is likely going in the 1st round.

We have more of a need at RW in the top 6 and a bigger need of a top 4 RD.

If we suck next draft Shane Wright is probably a better C than anyone in this draft. Dude was right there with Michkov and Bedard in terms of talent/scoring in the u18s. Dude is a natural born leader too, recieving a letter(A) at only 15 years old in junior. Was the captain at the u18s. Would fit in with our group in terms of character. Likely to go 1st overall in 2022 though. Imagine a better Seguin(playmaking sniper) without the character issues.

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Alflives said:

when we win the draft lottery, do we (with that pick) select Power, or Clarke?  

Alf Lives. Power man, it hurts me to say because I think Clarke has potential. In my my mind Power turns out as a Langway and Clarke is Lumme or Kevin McCarthy.

image.jpeg.d8adff16599b34ac6df5a936e3c4b9fa.jpeg

• Vintage 1

13 hours ago, Alflives said:

when we win the draft lottery, do we (with that pick) select Power, or Clarke?  

I think the size and potential of Power is where pretty much every team will go with 1rst overall. I like Clarke better so hoping our Canucks get him! When I see Owen Power I don’t see the Hedman comparisons I feel he’s more of a OEL to Ekblad. Which are great minute eating top pair guys but at 1rst overall you’d want more than these guys. But I guess that’s what this draft is lacking a true elite prospect.