The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Part of me feels silly for analyzing and debating about the 9th pick for so long.

Deep down I knew it was gonna be traded.

I know what you mean. It was really our only trade chip to really make a difference in improving our team 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Part of me feels silly for analyzing and debating about the 9th pick for so long.

It’s like agonizing over which of these you are going to take and then finding out that your dad traded it for what’s behind door number 3. It could be great but it’s risky.

By the way, which would you take?

AC5D6F7E-5994-4A3B-92BF-DF7B7D6EFD92.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

It’s like agonizing over which of these you are going to take and then finding out that your dad traded it for what’s behind door number 3. It could be great but it’s risky.

I mean if that’s a working time machine obviously the time machine.

Just go back and buy a bunch of bitcoin and you can buy all those cars.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I mean if that’s a working time machine obviously the time machine.

Just go back and buy a bunch of bitcoin and you can buy all those cars.

I’d go back and not hire Green.

Headline June 15, 2018: Vancouver Canucks win Stanley Cup, fans riot, CDC deify Dumb Nuck.

2 hours ago, J-Dizzle said:

While I’m here…. At what point does the NHL start considering a way to bump the draft age up a year? I feel like there could be some positives to making a move that gives teams an extra year to watch players as they mature. 

just a thought. 

Not sure how that could be done. They would have to go without a draft for one season to wait for all the eligible players to turn nineteen. And that missing year would no doubt be the year the Canucks were to draft first overall.

2 hours ago, J-Dizzle said:

I mean…. Mirenberg (or however you spell it) isn’t small. 

I was thinking more monster sized. Well 190 pounds is not bad. I was thinking 6'4" plus and at least 220 plus.

We seem to be cursed with small d

6 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I was thinking more monster sized. Well 190 pounds is not bad. I was thinking 6'4" plus and at least 220 plus.

We seem to be cursed with small d

It's not the size of your d but how you use it...them. Or so I have been told. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, 4petesake said:

Mad Max for sure.

That car was actually based on the Ford XA-B GT Falcon.

From the mid sixties to the early 70's the rules of touring car racing here in Aus required that 300 cars be sold to the public so the Ford and Holden could race their cars.

The Ford GT range started in 1967 with the XR GT and finished with the XB GT.

The pinnacle of these cars was the GTHO ,of which only 303 were built each year for 3 years.

The pinnacle of these was the XY GTHO Phase 3.

In 1971 it was the fastest 4 door production car in the world.

Politicians stated that they were bullets on wheels and the rules were changed and what won on raceday could no longer be bought on Monday.

My buddies and I used to be able to buy second hand GT's and even the HO's and phase 2's in the 80's from between 10-20k.

Now they are worth hundreds of thousands if you can find them.

My mum's dad's name was Joseph Henry Ford so you would realise how connected I felt to these cars.

I sold an XYGT,probably the most coveted GT,in the 90's when I got into skiing for about 30k and I have regretted it ever since.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4petesake said:

The one that can travel through time.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

At least you got to know the players.  When it came to what was available at 9oa, was there anyone you thought was a must have?All my favorites were taken (Hughes, Clarke, MacTavish, Johnson) and although I really like Guenther, I like the trade as well (please don't bomb OEL).

• Cheers 1

RE: The Logan Mailloux pick.

This clip of Montreal Canadiens assistant GM Trevor Timmins being absolutely speechless when asked why Montreal picked Mailloux when Mailloux said in a statement that he didn't deserved to be picked is worth the watch. He sits in silence for almost a minute before responding.

• Haha 4
  • RoughGame 1

45 minutes ago, Quantum said:

This clip of Montreal Canadiens assistant GM Trevor Timmins being absolutely speechless when asked why Montreal picked Mailloux when Mailloux said in a statement that he didn't deserved to be picked is worth the watch. He sits in silence for almost a minute before responding.

I still can't believe they selected him at all, let alone with their first.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Quantum said:

I can, straight up tell you, if it was my daughter that this imbecile ( Mailloux) had done this to, there is no way Montreal would have drafted him.

You don't draft a prospect with two broken legs and busted hands!!!!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Quantum said:

In no way do I condone what Mailloux did. We have taught our daughters since they were little about the risks of posting/having photos of them online or letting someone take pictures of them. 
This is a mistake made by young people literally thousands of times a day.

Like all young men, but especially the coddled famous ones like these, there are a lot of lessons to be learned around sex especially when you are in the public eye. 
I would much rather see these mistakes made early and learned from than see what allegedly happened with Jake happen. 
Not excusing Mailloux actions but also don’t think we should bury a teenager for making a common mistake especially when he owned up to it, apologized and then said I should be punished further. 
I do understand why Montreal decided to pick him from a hockey perspective, kids a unicorn.  6ft plus 210 plus mobile right shot D with booming slapper. Projects to 240ish.  That’s Byfuglien size. 

Edited by DrJockitch
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

7 hours ago, Quantum said:

thanks for posting this. This guy's body language - . Best comedy I have seen for a long time.

Just listening to Friday's Donnie and Dhali (curious as I missed it), and they're talking about the Draft and who the Canucks might get. Lots of talk of possibly Johnson. Makes me giggle, but also kind of sad that we weren't able to add another elite prospect to the pool. Really happy with the trade, but back-to-back 1sts gone kind of hurts.  Benning needs to nail the 1st in 2022, and get picks for that Draft.

6 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Just listening to Friday's Donnie and Dhali (curious as I missed it), and they're talking about the Draft and who the Canucks might get. Lots of talk of possibly Johnson. Makes me giggle, but also kind of sad that we weren't able to add another elite prospect to the pool. Really happy with the trade, but back-to-back 1sts gone kind of hurts.  Benning needs to nail the 1st in 2022, and get picks for that Draft.

I was bummed not to see a pick, but can live with it since we got Garland.  He is an absolute stud, and has a ton of room to get better.  He put up a 65 point pace in AZ.  Put him in our top 6, and he should see a big increase in production.  Factor in that Dickinson will take a fair amount of Bo's defensive load, and a 2nd line of Hoglander-Horvat-Garland could be excellent.  We have so much depth and flex in our top 9 now, most in a decade for sure.

I'm not sure Guenther will be better than Garand, but who knows.  If LA hadn't taken Clarke, I would have been more dissapointed.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Quantum said:

Wow. That is messed up. Lol. 

That's what you call "thinking on your toes". /s 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Quantum said:

Bergevan can always try to calm le fans by bringing in a Dman (Schmidt), especially with Weber done next season.