The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

3 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Man.. if we win the 1st or 2nd overall pick I wanna trade it away. How much would it cost to get Eichel? 

1st/2nd overall 

Boeser

Pod 

2nd round pick

Does this get it done? But someone will call it an overpayment here. 

Well BUF wanted 4 x 1st for Eichel.  So it's close.  But I think they would a #1 centre back.  So they'd probably want either EP or Bo instead of Boeser.

But I'd keep the pick unless they are willing to take Miller instead of our young core.

18 minutes ago, BPA said:

Well BUF wanted 4 x 1st for Eichel.  So it's close.  But I think they would a #1 centre back.  So they'd probably want either EP or Bo instead of Boeser.

But I'd keep the pick unless they are willing to take Miller instead of our young core.

So, are u suggesting

1st/2nd overall

Boeser

Pod 

Miller

?

I know BUF wanted 4 x 1st for Eichel, but Eichel is a disgruntled player right now. 

As long as its not Petey, Hughes or Demko, I would def consider a trade for Eichel. 

Edited by DontMessMe

2 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

No friggen way thank you. Why would we ever do that? And yes its a HUGE overpayment!

I mean if I show that offer to BUF sabre fans they will say its a HUGE underpayment tbh :bigblush:

Sabres fans gonna be asking for our 1st, petey, hughes, and horvat LOL. Now thats a huge overpayment 

4 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

I mean if I show that offer to BUF sabre fans they will say its a HUGE underpayment tbh :bigblush:

Sabres fans gonna be asking for our 1st, petey, hughes, and horvat LOL. Now thats a huge overpayment 

We need depth not a eichel imo. Salary is too high also imo

• Vintage 2

55 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

So, are u suggesting

1st/2nd overall

Boeser

Pod 

Miller

?

I know BUF wanted 4 x 1st for Eichel, but Eichel is a disgruntled player right now. 

As long as its not Petey, Hughes or Demko, I would def consider a trade for Eichel. 

I'd try to con them...lol.

1st

Miller

Virtanen 

2nd round pick.

Lol.

But as another poster mentioned.  Eichel salary cap $10M might cripple the Canucks.

• Haha 1

We're getting a top 10 pick so there will most certainly be either an elite d-man or centerman available - both areas which we can upgrade certainly.

As far as the discussions regarding Eichel go, I'm sure JB will do his due diligence but I just can't see it happening - his cap hit would paralyze us this off-season and beyond - I'd rather resign Miller when it comes time for something around 6mil +/yr - he's three quarters of what you get offensively with Eichel or thereabouts with more grit and no entitlement issues - meanwhile use the difference to help resign Petey/Huggy/whatever else we need. 

Edited by Fanuck

1 hour ago, DontMessMe said:

Man.. if we win the 1st or 2nd overall pick I wanna trade it away. How much would it cost to get Eichel? 

1st/2nd overall 

Boeser

Pod 

2nd round pick

Does this get it done? But someone will call it an overpayment here. 

That wouldn’t make our team any better... that would probably make us worse Eichel at that price tag isn’t worth it for us 

Eichel isn’t mcdavid he can’t carry a franchise 

Edited by Dats hockey

1 hour ago, DontMessMe said:

So, are u suggesting

1st/2nd overall

Boeser

Pod 

Miller

?

I don't know if Buffala would want to start another rebuild or get roster players in return.

I would do Boeser and Miller for Eichel... maybe add in a prospect like DiPietro.  Then you trade away Roussel and Juolevi or equivalent for a guy like Tierney

I wouldn't move our 1st round pick as we would need as many ELC contracts on the books to make up for the cap crunch.

Petterson-Eichel-Hoglander
Pearson-Horvat-Podkolzin
Roussel-Tierney-MacEwan
Motte-Beagle-Lind
Graovac

Hughes-Hamonic
Edler-Schmidt
Rathbone-Myers
Bowie

You could fit a team like that under the cap.  I take Eichel at $10 million over Boeser's qualifying offer of $7-$7.5 million any day.

Edited by Provost

If the price is right, I'd love to trade for Eichel, and the draft may be the place to do it. Say, for example, we have the 4th pick, and Brandt Clarke is off the board, I would trade our 1st pick and Miller + for Eichel.

Only players I wouldn't trade are Boeser, Pettersson, and Hughes, because I would love to see how they'd play with Eichel. I think Boeser and Eichel would have craaazy chemistry. 

Edited by NaveJoseph

21 minutes ago, NaveJoseph said:

If the price is right, I'd love to trade for Eichel, and the draft may be the place to do it. Say, for example, we have the 4th pick, and Brandt Clarke is off the board, I would trade our 1st pick and Miller + for Eichel.

Only players I wouldn't trade are Boeser, Pettersson, and Hughes, because I would love to see how they'd play with Eichel. I think Boeser and Eichel would have craaazy chemistry. 

They won't trade Eichel unless one of those three players or Horvat are included. I don't think Miller, a first and Hoglander/Podkolzin/Rathbone would cut it. They got the leverage on Eichel and they can squeeze a lot from teams for a generational talent.

25 minutes ago, NaveJoseph said:

No way.  Cant afford Eichel and we need to nail this draft pick. Lots of talent to choose from besides clarke. Even tho i want him if we have the choice.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

As someone who know's very little of the prospects I hope they stick to BPA and hopefully that player is a Defenceman we can partner with Hughes for the next decade.

It's a defenseman heavy draft, more than likely the Canucks will get a Dman. Plenty of good talent too.

2 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

No way.  Cant afford Eichel and we need to nail this draft pick. Lots of talent to choose from besides clarke. Even tho i want him if we have the choice.

Hopefully no repeat of 2014 ( x 2 ) and 2016

13 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

I do think we can afford Eichel, if we trade both Miller and Boeser. I don't like Boeser future contract of 7.5M+. I really dont like it. 

1 hour ago, Provost said:

I don't know if Buffala would want to start another rebuild or get roster players in return.

I would do Boeser and Miller for Eichel... maybe add in a prospect like DiPietro.  Then you trade away Roussel and Juolevi or equivalent for a guy like Tierney

I wouldn't move our 1st round pick as we would need as many ELC contracts on the books to make up for the cap crunch.

Petterson-Eichel-Hoglander
Pearson-Horvat-Podkolzin
Roussel-Tierney-MacEwan
Motte-Beagle-Lind
Graovac

Hughes-Hamonic
Edler-Schmidt
Rathbone-Myers
Bowie

You could fit a team like that under the cap.  I take Eichel at $10 million over Boeser's qualifying offer of $7-$7.5 million any day.

I like your idea of Boeser + Miller. Might also cost u our 1st this year as well. 

Just now, DontMessMe said:

I do think we can afford Eichel, if we trade both Miller and Boeser. I don't like Boeser future contract of 7.5M+. I really dont like it. 

They'll look to rebuild. Unless you're willing to part with Hog/Pod and 1sts then nah.