The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

If we get 1st or 2knd overall?

I ain't trading it for Eichel.  It should be near the talent, priced at $3.75 mill for 3 years.  And we have an extra $7 mill for other talent without exhausting extra assets on top.

Without current injury risks...

1 minute ago, DontMessMe said:

But we need Miller in the deal for cap reasons I think :(.  But I do really really really wanna get rid of Boeser. I cant justify why he deserves an 8M contract. 

U keep adding a million after every post

Edited by Bertuzzipunch

26 minutes ago, warrchief said:

They got the leverage on Eichel and they can squeeze a lot from teams for a generational talent.

There's your mistake - Eichel isn't a 'generational talent' - McDavid is.

There's a legit argument that Eichel is a 'franchise' player and I wouldn't disagree with that - but I wouldn't call him a 'generational' talent whatsoever - in my lifetime alone I've witnessed dozens of players as good or better than Eichel, but I've only seen maybe three or four players like McDavid. 

Nevertheless, Buffalo will, if they want to do the deed, be looking for an absolute haul from whatever team is interested and we're not even close to having the kind of organizational depth it would take to acquire Eichel without putting us in the exact same position that Buffalo is in right now which is essentially a 'never ending rebuild' despite having a franchise player to build around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

We aint giving up our depth and future for a good player. This draft pick this year can be a foundation for us for over a decade. Pettersson and Hughes we build around not eichel.

I dont think this core can win a cup (**unless demko plays like a god like against vegas and is a stone wall or we continue to suck and get wright or bedard or michkov). But I would LOVE to be proven wrong. 

Just now, Fanuck said:

There's a legit argument that Eichel is a 'franchise' player and I wouldn't disagree with that - but I wouldn't call him a 'generational' talent whatsoever - in my lifetime alone I've witnessed dozens of players as good or better than Eichel, but I've only seen maybe three or four players like McDavid. 

Nevertheless, Buffalo will, if they want to do the deed, be looking for an absolute haul from whatever team is interested and we're not even close to having the kind of organizational depth it would take to acquire Eichel without putting us in the exact same position that Buffalo is in right now which is essentially a 'never ending rebuild' despite having a franchise player to build around. 

I know its prob early, but would u consider Bedard a generational talent. I dont think Shane Wright is one but Bedard is possible

3 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

I dont think this core can win a cup (**unless demko plays like a god like against vegas and is a stone wall or we continue to suck and get wright or bedard or michkov). But I would LOVE to be proven wrong. 

What team stays dominant for long? Not many and i absolutely do believe we have a very good core but we still need adding good players thru the draft that can help us contend for a cup.

3 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

I know its prob early, but would u consider Bedard a generational talent. I dont think Shane Wright is one but Bedard is possible

You answered for me, but at this point, he's definitely laying the groundwork to be discussed in a conversation - but ask me in 5 years:). 

11 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Maybe so, I would just put him on the lower end of the spectrum of generational talent. He is a definite superstar on the cusp. I think if Eichel had the talent in front of him, he would be quite good. In fact really good. I like his play in his draft year and was the clear number 2 behind McDavid.

McDavid has a player who plays at his level in Draisaitl which allows both of them to really flourish together. Eichel didn't really have anyone at that caliber to help him on his wing.

I really feel for Buffalo, they got some great talents (Eichel, Dahlin) but they are totally wasting away in that dump.

Even Michael Jordan needed other talent to win championships.

Edited by warrchief

11 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

worst we can do is 15th overall here are my top 10 (what i want)

1) Dylan Guenther

2) Power

3) Beniers

4) Luke Hughes

5) Kent Johnson

6) Brandt Clarke

7) Simon Edvisson

8) Fabian Lysell

9) Mason Mctavish 

10) Zachary Bolduc

I would be happy with either Johnson, Eklund, Brandt, Power. 2 very skilled forwards or 2 top dman. The rest dont really stand out for me tbh.