The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

1 hour ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

Matthew Zator Hockey writers did up a mock draft based on simulator rankings. 

1. Detroit : Owen Power

2. Chicago: Brandt Clarke

3. Buffalo : Jesper Wallstedt 

4. Anaheim: William Eklund

5. Seattle: Matt Beniers

6. NJ: Simon Edvinsson

7. CBJ: Dylan Guenther

8. Van: Fabian Lysell

9. Ottawa: Kent Johnson 

10. Sj: Cole Sillinger 

I would think that that we would take Luke Hughes if we were in that spot and the picks went like that

seems fairly accurate other then that 

If thats how the draft actually goes then I would want Jim to go Luke Hughes as well. I can't see Benning going with another winger if Hughes is still available. Not surprised to see Wallstedt go that high either, I think he goes top 5 for sure. 

14 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

If thats how the draft actually goes then I would want Jim to go Luke Hughes as well. I can't see Benning going with another winger if Hughes is still available. Not surprised to see Wallstedt go that high either, I think he goes top 5 for sure. 

I agree that we’d go Hughes here but I feel like NJ Devils picking infront of us would probably also go Hughes there and us taking Edvinsson. Toss up for me between Edvinsson and Johnson.

• Vintage 1

23 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

Man.. if we win the 1st or 2nd overall pick I wanna trade it away. How much would it cost to get Eichel? 

1st/2nd overall 

Boeser

Pod 

2nd round pick

Does this get it done? But someone will call it an overpayment here. 

I Don't think Eichel is as good as you think.  He is in no way worth this, not even close. You are giving up likely 150-200 points from your roster to get 80 or so, and adding cap in the process.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

But we need Miller in the deal for cap reasons I think :(.  But I do really really really wanna get rid of Boeser. I cant justify why he deserves an 8M contract. 

Why are we talking about Boeser at 8 million?  That is not how Qualifying offers work.

• Vintage 1

20 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

We aint trading anything for eichel okay! We dont want him!! This would screw up everything!

I'd be far more interested in a deal like Miller, DiPietro, 2nd for Reinhart.  

• RoughGame 1

22 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

I agree that we’d go Hughes here but I feel like NJ Devils picking infront of us would probably also go Hughes there and us taking Edvinsson. Toss up for me between Edvinsson and Johnson.

I really want Clarke but he won't be there for us. After that Wallstedt, and again I think he's gone. So to me Hughes is maybe the BPA after that? so hard to know with his injury.

I kind of wonder if we'll see them go for Sillinger if Hughes isn't there for us. He seems like a Benning type pick to me. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I really want Clarke but he won't be there for us. After that Wallstedt, and again I think he's gone. So to me Hughes is maybe the BPA after that? so hard to know with his injury.

I kind of wonder if we'll see them go for Sillinger if Hughes isn't there for us. He seems like a Benning type pick to me. 

Hard to say. I've seen plenty of mocks with Clarke rated right in the 5-10 range where we'll be drafting (barring a lotto win). This draft is so unclear...

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Hard to say. I've seen plenty of mocks with Clarke rated right in the 5-10 range where we'll be drafting (barring a lotto win). This draft is so unclear...

for me its filing a need with a good player. We really can't say who BPA is after the first what, two players? might as well fill a right side d hole with a top 10 pick.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

for me its filing a need with a good player. We really can't say who BPA is after the first what, two players? might as well fill a right side d hole with a top 10 pick.

Yeah, I want Clarke bad too :lol:

• Vintage 1

36 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I Don't think Eichel is as good as you think.  He is in no way worth this, not even close. You are giving up likely 150-200 points from your roster to get 80 or so, and adding cap in the process.

Yeah, good point - our ever rebuilding cousin is hoping to cash in and get that contract off there books.   Looks like another top 3 for them (along with NJ - who just had two 1 OA’s in the past four years).

Clark or KJ would be ideal for me but the local kid factor with KJ might mean Vancouver might not be ideal for him (?).

Edited by ShawnAntoski

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Wallstedt might be the missing piece for Buffalo to complement all there high end talent ?

Edited by ShawnAntoski

2 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Wallstedt might be the missing piece for Buffalo to complement all there high end talent ?

in a couple of years could be. I think there are a few teams that would eye him up - Buffalo, Detroit, maybe even Seattle. He's one of the few guys this year with a really decent track record for scouts to chew on, I think he'll be seen as a very safe bet. 

5 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah, good point - our ever rebuilding cousin is hoping to cash in and get that contract off there books.   Looks like another top 3 for them (along with NJ - who just had two 1 OA’s in the past four years).

Clark or KJ would be ideal for me but the local kid factor with KJ might mean Vancouver might not be ideal for him (?).

Underwhelming years to get 1rst overall but hey I’d like us to win the lottery for once in our organizations history. The 2023 lottery for Bedard though is for us!

4 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Underwhelming years to get 1rst overall but hey I’d like us to win the lottery for once in our organizations history. The 2023 lottery for Bedard though is for us!

I just have a gut feeling that if we push for wins down the stretch, we will finally win one of the lottery spots.  Finally some good JUJU coming our way after a dismal season.

8 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Would be nice to finally have a 1st OA pick in the teams history and I would like to see what JB will finally do with a pick higher than fifth.   Although, having 1st OA is great but the player can still be a bust or not be a great fit, as proven by Buffalo (but if they draft a goalie like Wallstedt, it might be the piece that they are missing).

Edited by ShawnAntoski

12 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

in a couple of years could be. I think there are a few teams that would eye him up - Buffalo, Detroit, maybe even Seattle. He's one of the few guys this year with a really decent track record for scouts to chew on, I think he'll be seen as a very safe bet. 

Yeah, just like Vegas with MAF having a franchise caliber goalie to initially build around would probably be the best move for Seattle.

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

Edvinsson for me there. Guys his size who are as agile on their skates as he is are mythical creatures. 

As he gains maturity with coaching I'm sure he will settle his game down and have fewer mental lapses from trying to do too much. 

3 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Edvinsson for me there. Guys his size who are as agile on their skates as he is are mythical creatures. 

As he gains maturity with coaching I'm sure he will settle his game down and have fewer mental lapses from trying to do too much. 

Haven’t really gotten to watch Edvinsson. What’s his playing style? How close is his play to Philip Borberg another big kid from Sweden in their draft years?

52 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Why would u want us to pick a goalie?