The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

3 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

And then fire him after the draft :bigblush: (I wish) 

Benning seems to really enjoy scouting and drafting.  He’s good at it too.  Maybe, if we get a new President, Benning can focus more on GM things?  

Just now, DeNiro said:

Still hopeful someone like Clarke can slip to 9.

If not Johnson looks pretty good. Hopefully this years Zegras.

Most mocks have him top 3. I wish he’d drop but I doubt it. The only one of the top D that might drop is Edvinsson but even then he might not even fall that far to 9th+ overall. 

Lysell/Johnson/McTavish are in our range. These guys I could see a team going ‘off-the-board’ in the top 7-8 too if I were to make a presumption. 

Either way we are in for a decent player. 

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Most mocks have him top 3. I wish he’d drop but I doubt it. The only one of the top D that might drop is Edvinsson but even then he might not even fall that far to 9th+ overall. 

Lysell/Johnson/McTavish are in our range. These guys I could see a team going ‘off-the-board’ in the top 7-8 too if I were to make a presumption. 

Mock drafts can always be wrong especially in a year like this.

All depends on which teams land where and what they’re looking for. Maybe more forwards go in the top 10 than predicted? Maybe Wallstedt goes in the top 10?

Any number of factors could see a player like Clarke drop. Wouldn’t be the first time a player projected top 5 dropped.

25 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Sadly i dont think so. Dude has quite a bit of tape with him playing in slovakia. Clarke should go number one depending on the lotto. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Mock drafts can always be wrong especially in a year like this.

All depends on which teams land where and what they’re looking for. Maybe more forwards go in the top 10 than predicted? Maybe Wallstedt goes in the top 10?

Any number of factors could see a player like Clarke drop. Wouldn’t be the first time a player projected top 5 dropped.

Yeah but the mocks consolidated/combined  have him top 3. I really wouldn’t count on him dropping out of the top 5, let alone all the way to 9-12.  He’s one of the handful of players who has a case for 1st overall too. 

We aren’t first in line anymore if someone falls out of the top 7 either. We will be 2nd or 3rd in line. 

I wouldn’t get your hopes up. 

9 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Yeah but the mocks consolidated/combined  have him top 3. I really wouldn’t count on him dropping out of the top 5, let alone all the way to 9-12.  He’s one of the handful of players who has a case for 1st overall too. 

We aren’t first in line anymore if someone falls out of the top 7 either. We will be 2nd or 3rd in line. 

I wouldn’t get your hopes up. 

Would only take one team needing a goalie and another team going off the board a bit.

Just because internet analysts think a player is ranked top 3 doesn’t mean the teams picking there do.

Powers

Beniers

Hughes

Edvinsson

Johnson

Eklund

Wallstedt

Lysell 

Could very easily go that way. For all we know scouts are ranking Edvinsson much higher. And then the teams that rank 5-8 go with the forwards and the goalie.

Good chance it will shake out differently but I wouldn’t hold on to rankings too much this year.

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Would only take one team needing a goalie and another team going off the board a bit.

Just because internet analysts think a player is ranked top 3 doesn’t mean the teams picking there do.

Powers

Beniers

Hughes

Edvinsson

Johnson

Eklund

Wallstedt

Lysell 

Could very easily go that way. For all we know scouts are ranking Edvinsson much higher. And then the teams that rank 5-8 go with the forwards and the goalie.

Good chance it will shake out differently but I wouldn’t hold on to rankings too much this year.

I can’t imagine who you have from 4-8 all get picked before Clarke. Especially considering he’s one of the handful that has a case for 1st overall. I have him ahead of Hughes personally.

It would shock me if Power/Hughes/Clarke fall out of the top 5. 

Like I said I really wouldn’t get your hopes up of picking him up at 9th personally. I’d look more for Edvinsson falling or maybe Guenther who you don’t even have in your top 8?

Not judging your hopefulness. I just think we have a better chance at winning the lottery and drafting Clarke that way than we do having him fall to 9th(or even 10th). 

Edited by Junkyard Dog

33 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Powers

Beniers

Hughes

Edvinsson

Johnson

Eklund

Wallstedt

Lysell 

Lol, I like your optimism.

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

This right here. 

We’re going to have some high quality players to choose from. I would’ve loved one of the big four D men but I’m not getting my hopes up for that anymore. It could still happen though. 

My gut is telling me that McTavish will be the guy this year, and that would be pretty awesome. Unless Eklund happens to fall, in which case I can’t see the Nucks passing on a Swede of that caliber. 

Edited by YearoftheNuck

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Crazier things have happened. Even having Quinn Hughes fall to us at 7 was pretty miraculous. 

Also this site has Clarke going 8th:

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

I’d be entirely shocked if Clarke fell out of the top 5 though.

I might get flamed for this, but the one of the big four D men that I could see possibly falling a touch is actually Hughes. Then again he could just as easily go second overall though. It’s such a wonky draft this year lol 

7 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

If we are picking 9 or 10 and the following players are off the board:

Clarke

Power

Beniers

Hughes 

Edvinsson

Eklund

Guenther

Johnson 

Then my choice would be Mason McTavish. He has had a great second half of the season, playoffs and U18 tourny. Kinda get a canadian Mika Zibanejad vibe from him.    

And has some great flow as well. I want to be a team with some good flow. I'll be doing my homework on this kid 

mason_mctavish_13.thumb.jpg.1823c32e6cada37b4aed229f2a972e3e.jpg

• Cheers 3

It would be a ballsy move to go for a top Russian left on the board.  Someone that wouldn't pay immediate dividends but would join us in two years such as Fyodor Svechkov 

"Arguably the top defensive forward in this class, the Russian winger is a terror to play against. He employs terrific angles and routes on both sides of the puck."

14 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

It would be a ballsy move to go for a top Russian left on the board.  Someone that wouldn't pay immediate dividends but would join us in two years such as Fyodor Svechkov 

"Arguably the top defensive forward in this class, the Russian winger is a terror to play against. He employs terrific angles and routes on both sides of the puck."

If getting Svechkov, it would be best to trade down to the late teens and grab an extra 2nd round draft pick. 

32 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

He could go 20-40. He'd be a great fit as 3rd C but I wouldn't use a top 10 pick on him.

• Cheers 1