The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 NHL Entry Draft

Noble 6

11 hours ago, John_Guest said:

How about a dark horse?

Zachary L'hereux.

He's rugged. One more rugged Canuck to join Zack, Gadj, Woo, and Podzkolzin. There will be viewer grins from the opposing team when they look at the schedule and see Vancouver's coming.

Can you tell me more about him? Is he a fighter or hitter? What is he projected at right now? 

11 hours ago, stawns said:

No to Hughes for me.  The team doesn't need more dman who are weak on the d side. 

I would and then trade him to the Devils for Severson, McLeod and their late 1st(Islanders). 

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

As crazy as it sounds, if scouts think Jesper Wallstedt is the second coming of Lundqvist I would be ok with them taking him 9th or 10th. Plus his name has "wall" in it, which opens the door for some sweet nicknames.

He’s the best goalie prospect of the last 10 years imo

Personally, though, I wouldn’t take him where we’re drafting...

However, I also think Cossa is the future of Canadian goaltending and would love to steal him with another 1st, or in the second if for some crazy reason he falls.

6 minutes ago, nergish said:

He’s the best goalie prospect of the last 10 years imo

Personally, though, I wouldn’t take him where we’re drafting...

However, I also think Cossa is the future of Canadian goaltending and would love to steal him with another 1st, or in the second if for some crazy reason he falls.

Askarov went 11th and Knight went 13th so 9th isnt crazy. Askarov appears to be the real deal and could be a steal at 11 if reaches superstar status.  

43 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

As crazy as it sounds, if scouts think Jesper Wallstedt is the second coming of Lundqvist I would be ok with them taking him 9th or 10th. Plus his name has "wall" in it, which opens the door for some sweet nicknames.

I don't see any way that he doesn't go ahead of our pick.  I feel he is a better prospect than Askarov and Knight, who went 11 and 13 respectively, and with so much uncertainty in this years draft, he is a very solid bet.  Buffalo, Seattle, Columbus, SJ, Detroit are all in the market for a future #1.   I could really see Detroit going that direction as Wallstedt would be ready right as they hope to be competitive.  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Askarov went 11th and Knight went 13th so 9th isnt crazy. Askarov appears to be the real deal and could be a steal at 11 if reaches superstar status.  

Yes, definitely not crazy at all. But what I’m saying is that we have more obvious needs.

Plus, I don’t think Cossa is that far behind those guys. Also an A-level goalie prospect.

32 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I don't see any way that he doesn't go ahead of our pick.  I feel he is a better prospect than Askarov and Knight, who went 11 and 13 respectively, and with so much uncertainty in this years draft, he is a very solid bet.  Buffalo, Seattle, Columbus, SJ, Detroit are all in the market for a future #1.   I could really see Detroit going that direction as Wallstedt would be ready right as they hope to be competitive.  

Stevie Y building around Seider, Raymond, Zadina, Veleno, and Wallstedt would be a solid group.

1 hour ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

I agree.  If no decent Dman available when we pick, a power centre would be second choice.  Either McTavish or Zachary L'hereux would fit the bill, if we remain at or around #9.

L'hereux is a peace of work. He is also something that this club is missing. 

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

June 2 is the lottery draw! So just under a couple weeks until we see Benning all giddy after winning one of the lotteries!

Didn't Linden put a Pat Quinn rookie card in his jacket pocket for good luck that one year? Didn't really work out.

Maybe Benning should put McDavid's card in his pocket :ph34r:  Y'know, get a real good 1st.  (I joke, I joke)

Can't wait for the Draft, hoping for one of the Big 4 D, or Johnson, Beniers, Guenther or Lucius

9 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Didn't Linden put a Pat Quinn rookie card in his jacket pocket for good luck that one year? Didn't really work out.

Maybe Benning should put McDavid's card in his pocket :ph34r:  Y'know, get a real good 1st.  (I joke, I joke)

Can't wait for the Draft, hoping for one of the Big 4 D, or Johnson, Beniers, Guenther or Lucius

Underneath his dress shirt he could wear a Taylor Hall jersey! That would surely bring us some lottery luck.

• Haha 1

This is the year the canucks will win the draft.  With so many variables the best player will of course come from the spot we were slated to select from ;) 

This is of course on the backs fo the league FINALLY changing the rules on how often a team can pick first overall in consecutive years and with Newell, Baumgartner and Weisbrod back we'll be slated for a 1st overall next year and lose out to Buffalo who hasn't had a 1st overall pick in like...forever

:P

• Upvote 1