The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Golden Knights trade Nate Schmidt to Canucks for 2022 3rd-round pick

21 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

Vegas has lost Statsny, Schmidt, and Cousins.  All key contributors from what I saw.  They are much older than us.  Their key players are not improving they are maintaining or declining.  They have a whole bunch of huge long term contracts.  We have Bo, EP, Boes, Demko and Quinn who will all be better next year.  With injuries who knows what will happen.  I love our team going forward.

Go Canucks Go!

Well, it seems as Schmidt is much better than Myers and if so I'm happy with it. B)

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I still want cernak!

Hughes-Cernak

Edler-Schmidt

Juolevi-Myers

Benn

YES PLZ! 

make it happen JB! 

Cernak may cost a fourth.Maybe add a prospect.  Are you sure you want to do that...as a true Canucks fan?

Remember, it could cost you your honor on these message boards.

I'm with you.

excited lets go GIF

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HomeBrew said:

Hoping Schmidty turns into the JT Miller of our defense core providing tenacity and leadership.

Well, the cost was allot less, and the Miller trade was still a big win IMO. 

This is what schmidt was projected to go for......

20201012_231353.jpg

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

I love this trade! We needed more tenacity and Schmidt brings a lot of that! 

Also, I’m not sure if anyone posted this, but NHL.com recently released a list of the Top 50 draft Fantasy Defensemen for next year and Schmidt is #46! 

Pretty crazy we got him for just a 3rd round pick. This kind of reminds of when we snagged Erhoff for Patrick White. 

GMJB for the win!

ps here’s the link to that list: https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-fantasy-hockey-top-50-defenseman-rankings-pools/c-282830728

Edited by YearoftheNuck
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

We need a team like Jersey or Ottawa to take one of our guys for a 7th or something. Maybe Buffalo might want one of our players if they are trying to be competitive to appease Eichel. We are in a position that we move out a player at least or go with the guys we have and waive a few players later. We actually have plenty of time, but teams like Jersey and Ottawa are salivating waiting for teams to cave and give decent players up at bargain basement prices.

2 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

its funny cause watching him play against us he was one of their dmen i hated cause he was so good it seemed like xD  so i like this!

Also was part of that gong show on the bench with Reaves and among other players taunting us real good. Glad we got a player with some cockiness on the ice.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, YearoftheNuck said:

I love this trade! We needed more tenacity and Schmidt brings a lot of that! 

Also, I’m not sure if anyone posted this, but NHL.com recently released a list of the Top 50 draft Fantasy Defensemen for next year and Schmidt is #46! 

Pretty crazy we got just a 3rd round pick. This kind of reminds of when we snagged Erhoff for Patrick White. 

GMJB for the win!

ps here’s the link to that list: https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-fantasy-hockey-top-50-defenseman-rankings-pools/c-282830728

Hughes at 4:frantic:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

We need a team like Jersey or Ottawa to take one of our guys for a 7th or something. Maybe Buffalo might want one of our players if they are trying to be competitive to appease Eichel. We are in a position that we move out a player at least or go with the guys we have and waive a few players later. We actually have plenty of time, but teams like Jersey and Ottawa are salivating waiting for teams to cave and give decent players up at bargain basement prices.

Eichel is a happy camper with the acquisition of Hall

5 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

its funny cause watching him play against us he was one of their dmen i hated cause he was so good it seemed like xD  so i like this!

He was on ice for 7 of our goals, and for 7 Vegas goals (scoring one himself)

51 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Isn't Ferland already on the roster? He's not on LTIR as he was part of the playoff bubble, am I correct?

He went on to LTIR directly from the bubble. He is not technically on LTIR at the moment, but he will likely go onto LTIR once the roster is set.

• Like 1

The cap hit may hurt us in the future but Schmidt is the type of player you want and JB didn't have to give up anything really to acquire him. Can score goals, can hit and has good experience.

Hughes - Schmidt may be our top pairing for the next 3 years. I worry about this contract in 3-5 years but by then hopefully the cap will be raised and the team will look completely different.

On the whole, Schmidt + youth vs Tanev + Stecher + Toffoli really comes down to how well our kids play, but Nate is an upgrade on Tanev.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

The cap hit may hurt us in the future but Schmidt is the type of player you want and JB didn't have to give up anything really to acquire him. Can score goals, can hit and has good experience.

Hughes - Schmidt may be our top pairing for the next 3 years. I worry about this contract in 3-5 years but by then hopefully the cap will be raised and the team will look completely different.

On the whole, Schmidt + youth vs Tanev + Stecher + Toffoli really comes down to how well our kids play, but Nate is an upgrade on Tanev.

It may.... It also may not. He seems pretty consistent so far though.

2 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Also was part of that gong show on the bench with Reaves and among other players taunting us real good. Glad we got a player with some cockiness on the ice.

as long as players can back up the cockiness i'm all for it. reaves couldn't against the stars and i loved that. i'm still trying to process how the stars took them out so easily. i know their coach said demko broke them and all but a cocky team like vegas, you'd think they'd rebound but they never got it together. its so weird!

31 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

By big raise i mean, atleast doubling his previous deal. 1.5-2m per?

Still below league average salary For a 6/7/8 ?

If Fantenberg gets offered $700k he should grab it.  Lots of journeymen defencemen still out there competing for that 7/8 position

• Cheers 1