The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nate Schmidt | #88 | D

-AJ-

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

What’s the context of this?

Was this recently?

About Battle for Vegas:
The Battle for Vegas presented by Dollar Loan Center features two all-star teams of professional athletes, celebrities and media personalities to "battle" it out for Las Vegas' ultimate bragging rights for a good cause. The event is hosted by Reilly Smith from the Vegas Golden Knights who serves as captain of his team. Pro Football Hall of Famer Marcus Allen serves as the other team captain. This year's beneficiary is the Vegas Golden Knights Foundation. For additional information and details, visit www.battleforvegas.com.

It's from today and the event raised $175,000 for charity.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

You can tell he misses being part of the Golden Knights.

Perhaps that is the reason why he just never fit here, his heart is with that City and that Team. Can't blame him, he built his identity as a player there. I wouldn't be surprised if he finds his way to get back there, asking for a trade back to Vegas.

I feared that the moment we traded for him, his heart was always for that team. 

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

You can tell he misses being part of the Golden Knights.

Perhaps that is the reason why he just never fit here, his heart is with that City and that Team. Can't blame him, he built his identity as a player there. I wouldn't be surprised if he finds his way to get back there, asking for a trade back to Vegas.

I feared that the moment we traded for him, his heart was always for that team. 

I was just thinking the same thing. I don't think he hates Vancouver, but he's really a Golden Knight at heart and I get he feeling he'd be a lot happier back in Vegas.

• Vintage 3

11 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I was just thinking the same thing. I don't think he hates Vancouver, but he's really a Golden Knight at heart and I get he feeling he'd be a lot happier back in Vegas.

I think his personality fits thats Vegas lifestyle. Seems like a good guy and was excited acquiring him last year but bittersweet he's leaving soon.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Heard Schmidt recently refused a trade to WPG, this guy is almost as demanding as Kesler, sheesh

For a guy who wants to move on, maybe he should accept a trade to any good team?  Doubt he will accept a trade to a Canadian team.  

• Vintage 1