The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Does LE retire if buried in minors?

Rate this topic

grandmaster

17 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

It's very beneficial.  They can bring in a player who isn't completely useless to take his spot.

Good thing the players have a union so they aren't just flushed away when deemed not worthy to collect their mutually agreed upon terms of their contract.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

We are nearly at half a decade of lamenting this signing now. 

At least we are starting to slightly see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Worst signing in Canucks history? Top 3? Top 5?

What do y'all think?

Probably #2 behind Lays Chips Piggy.

• Cheers 3

I have to think that JB and LE and his agent are in talks here.  They likely went through the following agreement:

1.  Allow LE to get some 2nd line mins to prove that he still has it and was a victim of playing time - He proved he has bottom six ability albeit more closely bottom line ability

2.  Allow LE's agent to investigate other teams that may take him on, so he can prove he can still play.  Some benefit to the internal budget teams based on cap vs dollars  - Rumblings of this happening but nothing came from it so likely a dead end

3.  Because 1 and 2 have taken place, move to the hard discussion around the team about LE retiring or being placed on waivers.  I don't think based on what has been reported by Loui he would do carry on playing in the AHL based on his family being in Dallas and appeared to think he is much better than he is.  I think this will come to an end one way or another.  If Loui plays for Utica, to continue his career, I think we at least have the cap savings to have MacEwan replace him.

2 hours ago, grandmaster said:

This contract has become a cancer to the team for too long. From the moment he arrived and scored on his own team, it’s been nothing but down hill. It annoys me that TT would have remained if we didn’t have LE.

It’s obvious no one wants this guy and JB is not willing to throw away futures to get rid of him. A buyout doesn’t help much so we are stuck with this disaster.

Do you think he will retire if he rode the bus Utica? Does LE have any pride? No more posh amenities? It is time to play hardball on this guy. 

Bad coaching and now bad fans killed him.

And, nope, Loui gets more money riding buses in Utica so he'll continue. 

Then, people talk about players like Rousell and MacEwan as they are above Loui, they aren't.  Maybe in the huff and puff category. 

Edited by Timråfan
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

And, burying NHL-capable players in the minors, just when you feel like you are done with them, is hardly a way to attract other talent to come play on your team as well.

I think Bennings way of handle Marky, Tanev and Stecher shows how he does business. 

3 hours ago, grandmaster said:

This contract has become a cancer to the team for too long. From the moment he arrived and scored on his own team, it’s been nothing but down hill. It annoys me that TT would have remained if we didn’t have LE.

It’s obvious no one wants this guy and JB is not willing to throw away futures to get rid of him. A buyout doesn’t help much so we are stuck with this disaster.

Do you think he will retire if he rode the bus Utica? Does LE have any pride? No more posh amenities? It is time to play hardball on this guy. 

By the way, I hope you now you're a $&!#ty fan. B)

• Wat 1

2 hours ago, grandmaster said:

I don't know that he will retire, but considering he only will make 1 million this season, I don't think he would accept demotion and would likely refuse to report. When that happens, we would be in our right, to suspend him without pay, and likely terminate his contract without further obligation.

Under this scenario, Eriksson would ultimately be able to negotiate and sign with another team, which, based on his performance for the last few years, as well as how much others are signing for, would be about 700k - 1 million.

If I were the Canucks right now, based on performance last season, I would have him show up for the physical and internal scrimmages and practices and then assign him to Utica before playing even a single exhibition game. I think that its time to play hardball with a guy who has made excuses, but has never come close to living up to expectations of a 6 million dollar contract, that he signed in good faith.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I don't know that he will retire, but considering he only will make 1 million this season, I don't think he would accept demotion and would likely refuse to report. When that happens, we would be in our right, to suspend him without pay, and likely terminate his contract without further obligation.

Under this scenario, Eriksson would ultimately be able to negotiate and sign with another team, which, based on his performance for the last few years, as well as how much others are signing for, would be about 700k - 1 million.

If I were the Canucks right now, based on performance last season, I would have him show up for the physical and internal scrimmages and practices and then assign him to Utica before playing even a single exhibition game. I think that its time to play hardball with a guy who has made excuses, but has never come close to living up to expectations of a 6 million dollar contract, that he signed in good faith.

Nah, Benning ahould pay Loui from his own pocket and deal with it.

The $&!# Loui gets from fans is simply ridiculus.

Why don't you talk $&!# of the only one with the power to give Loui such a contract? 

Have you checked if there are bonuses paid of to GMs that give certain managers,with certain players getting  great contracts?  If not try to get a cloaer look.

Benning is second generation scout. With those contacts he got a lot of possibilities to make some extra money. It might explain all those hefty contracts while the Canucks should've monitoring the future. 

Edited by Timråfan
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

We are nearly at half a decade of lamenting this signing now. 

At least we are starting to slightly see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Worst signing in Canucks history? Top 3? Top 5?

What do y'all think?

100% the very worst. This is 6 years of floating versus 3 years of floating for Messier. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1