The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bill Foley Hints at Canadian Division Next Season

Rate this topic

Lionized27

Maybe they could consider awarding the cup to two different teams, one Canadian and one American. With today's rules in places like New York and New Jersey, games are impossible because there are capacity limits.  The affected teams--Islanders, Devils, and Rangers--will have to relocate.

Edited by The Colt 45s
  • Wat 1

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, mll said:

Target start date is still 1 January.   It's well possible that there will be an all Canadian division to start the season.

I'm probably in the minority but I hope there isn't a Canadian division. I really dislike the idea of having to watch Calgary more. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm probably in the minority but I hope there isn't a Canadian division. I really dislike the idea of having to watch Calgary more. 

It makes me sick to my stomach listening to their inbred anthem singer desecrate O Canada.  I wonder how the league would handle officiating; this might be a good opportunity to prevent Sutherland from rigging our games during the regular season, at least.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Toyotasfan said:

Can the Canucks cross the boarder ,and become part of the California/ Arizona / Vegas division instead ? I think they would have a way better record.

The issue is coming back to Canada.

As long as we continue with the 14 day quarantine it will make cross border play impossible. Hence the Canadian division.

4 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

Can the Canucks cross the boarder ,and become part of the California/ Arizona / Vegas division instead ? I think they would have a way better record.

I guess like in baseball.  Where the Jays just moved all their home games to Buffalo.  Just not play on Canadian soil the entire year.  But then all the Canadian teams would need to do the same.  

27 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

I guess like in baseball.  Where the Jays just moved all their home games to Buffalo.  Just not play on Canadian soil the entire year.  But then all the Canadian teams would need to do the same.  

Pretty tough ask for the guys to spend that much time away from their families.  There would be a ton of pushback from the NHLPA.

Edited by King Heffy

This is interesting. The idea of just 4 Canadian AHL teams with Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton keeping their US teams where they are. 

So that would certainly mean a larger roster and/or practice group with the main club and then an AHL group of guys you wouldn't expect to be called up. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

This is interesting. The idea of just 4 Canadian AHL teams with Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton keeping their US teams where they are. 

So that would certainly mean a larger roster and/or practice group with the main club and then an AHL group of guys you wouldn't expect to be called up. 

Also makes it way easier to let LE rot in Utica.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1