The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Chara

57 minutes ago, CDBudz55 said:

That was almost 10 years ago, get over it. You're telling me you'd pass on Marchand, Krejci, and Bergeron if we had cap space and they were available etc? I doubt it...

Oh ya and also don't forget, our current GM who drafted Hughes, Pod, Petey, Boeser etc was also a part of that Bruins team who beat us.

I can honestly tell you that I wouldn’t trade Louie “little things” for Marchand. I can stretch a lot of things but that rat on my team is a no go. Anyone else including Chara I would get over but if Marchand wears an Orca I’ll find a new team to cheer for. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Yes i would.  Character meters and I don't want any of those classless pieces of trash disgracing our franchise.  

LOL. I could be wrong but I'd wager that you probably cheered on Bertuzzi, Cooke, and Ruutu back in the day?

Or since we're talking about 2011 I'd go out on a limb and say you might even have been been cheering on Kesler, Burrows, Lapierre and Torres that playoff run, no? Maybe even during the series against the Bruins?

Not defending the Bruins but the Canucks have had their share of players of the same mould. And I loved them when they were on our team and I'd make room for more players like them on our team nowadays. Basically anyone that can help us win, which I think Chara could. To each their own tho!

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Amebushi said:

I can honestly tell you that I wouldn’t trade Louie “little things” for Marchand. I can stretch a lot of things but that rat on my team is a no go. Anyone else including Chara I would get over but if Marchand wears an Orca I’ll find a new team to cheer for. 

I get it. I hate the guy too. Personally I don't know why more people don't just grab him and take a major on him lol. I guess he can get away with it since he has Chara watching over him. But at the same time I'd never complain about his 28G 59A 87P in 70 games last year. Plus having a guy like that usually leads to more scrums etc which is always exciting. Basically the only reason I used to tolerate Cooke when he was on our team. I hated everything he stood for but did like the chaos he brought to the games, even if others had to bail him out.

1 hour ago, CDBudz55 said:

LOL. I could be wrong but I'd wager that you probably cheered on Bertuzzi, Cooke, and Ruutu back in the day?

Or since we're talking about 2011 I'd go out on a limb and say you might even have been been cheering on Kesler, Burrows, Lapierre and Torres that playoff run, no? Maybe even during the series against the Bruins?

Not defending the Bruins but the Canucks have had their share of players of the same mould. And I loved them when they were on our team and I'd make room for more players like them on our team nowadays. Basically anyone that can help us win, which I think Chara could. To each their own tho!

All those Canucks your mentioned are far more respectable then any of the scum from that Bruins team.  I don't want Chara making out young guys think the way those pieces of garbage completely disgraced the sport is acceptable.  Character matters and that diving POS would be a cancer in our room.

6 hours ago, CDBudz55 said:

Hi guys, 

I know it seems Benning has now turned his sight to a forward, but I think we still need one more D to slot into that bottom pairing. To me, there is a perfect fit standing right in front of us in Chara.

Yes I know he's old and shoots left but imagine him being on our side for once. 

Here's why I think he'd be a good fit

Even though he is old, he's still in phenomenal shape

Can still play in top 6 but knows he's on the decline so will be ok with bottom pairing and can slide up if needed (still had 5G 9A +26 and 60PIMS in 65 games last year)

Leadership he brings (Captain of Boston and imagine him getting in Jakes face for not taking fitness or other stuff seriously)

We want size and toughness on the backend - imagine Reaves etc taking liberties with the kids or the goalie with Chara dressed? Petey and Hughes would feel 10 inches taller for sure)

He'd be relatively cheap - $2M base last year and 1.75 in bonuses. 

Plus he played in Prince George as a junior and he has the relationship with Benning.

Just imagine a D that consisted of Myers, Chara and Tryamkin next year lol. 

There will be injuries so the younger guys will still get their chance to play (Juolevi, Rathbone etc and what a mentor Chara would be on D for them)

Either way, let me know your thoughts. I think he's the perfect fit for our bottom pairing and would be an upgrade on Benn and Fantenberg.

Chara will die as a Bruin.   

Nice thought, but I can’t see him or the Bruins parting ways with one another.

3 hours ago, CDBudz55 said:

That was almost 10 years ago, get over it. You're telling me you'd pass on Marchand, Krejci, and Bergeron if we had cap space and they were available etc? I doubt it...

Oh ya and also don't forget, our current GM who drafted Hughes, Pod, Petey, Boeser etc was also a part of that Bruins team who beat us.

I get where you’re coming from, but anyone who’s ever played sports at any level knows how deep the fire burns.  

It’s why Messier and Linden never got along here.

Its why Scottie Pippen and Isiah Thomas still have bad blood to this day.

Boston wouldn’t have any of our 2011 players if they were still around, and I personally have no interest in any of their players.

If you play sports, you will understand this.

Personally I don’t be-grudge Chara at all, rather respect him as a player.   If his foot speed is not too terrible would welcome to the team, only Edler is still around and he was pretty young back then.   If anything had a little jealousy the Bs had a guy like him patrolling their blue-line, we’ve never had a Norris guy like him.   His biggest impact on that team was all their little guys got to go around doing whatever and never worrying because of the back-up available, something we still lack and a void he’d fill well.   I doubt he’d sign with us but this is hockey and you never do know - the JB connection is something.   Think if he had a choice he’d go to a team that’s contending now.  Almost certainly the Bs but it does speak volumes he’s not signed yet, and at 1-2 million he offers enough intangibles to give any team a big boost.    Hainsey is another decent add. 

On 10/15/2020 at 9:43 PM, DarkIndianRises said:

I get where you’re coming from, but anyone who’s ever played sports at any level knows how deep the fire burns.  

It’s why Messier and Linden never got along here.

Its why Scottie Pippen and Isiah Thomas still have bad blood to this day.

Boston wouldn’t have any of our 2011 players if they were still around, and I personally have no interest in any of their players.

If you play sports, you will understand this.

• Upvote 1