The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Jayce Hawryluk

Fantastic signing. 52% percentile for games above replacement, positive contribution both defensively and offensively. Not a big special teams guy but his 5-on-5 GAR was slightly ahead of Virtanen & Roussel, and miles ahead of Beagle, Motte. This is the type of signing we need to fill out our lineup - Benning was losing me a bit but between this and the Schmidt trade he is making solid, shrewd additions. 

Edited by canucklehead44
  • Cheers 4

3 minutes ago, Provost said:

16 nhl forwards under contract?

I wonder who hits the minors.

He signed a 2 way deal so he has to earn a NHL spot. Sven has next to no chance to make the team even tho JB said he does...writing is on the wall with him unfortunately...LE should never put on a Canuck jersey EVER again, we should waive him now and let it be 1000% known that he has no spot on our NHL roster anymore, he took 4 years of a roster spot away now he can rot in the AHL don't even let him go to europe for the last 2 years. If he doesn't like that then he can do what many of CDC seem to think will happen and retire...which is laughable to me...very few people walk away from Millions of dollars even if they already have Millions in the bank!

This guy could be a call up at some point, we have a ton of F and prospects like Lind, Lockwood looking for NHL ice time this coming year also.

• Like 1
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, Outsiders said:

Wonder if this moves Gaudette to second line RW

Pearson-Horvat-Gaudette 

Gaud had 12 G 21A on the third line with second PP time. 

Wonder if he could get to 20 goals 25 assists on Bo's line 

I would play Gaudette on the wing and see how he does. Would love to move out some salary to allow us to bring someone like Haula in on a cheap contract to play #3C for us

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

In before people that have no idea who this to start complaining about this signing

Your too late on that.

11 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Other than he's cheap and young, I don't get this signing. Is it in case Gaudette doesn't re-sign? Is Sutter being traded?

He doesn't have size and doesn't produce, an extra C in Utica just in case?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, x00x said:

probably be motte/halwryluk/Beagle for 4th line with mcewen sometimes playing there

MacEwen has that 4th line RW spot at the moment but he will have competition for it come training camp. Have to think unless he pulls a Virtanen he will be in game 1 next year for the Canucks over this newly signed 2 way contract player

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

MacEwen has that 4th line RW spot at the moment but he will have competition for it come training camp. Have to think unless he pulls a Virtanen he will be in game 1 next year for the Canucks over this newly signed 2 way contract player

well jay beagle will be 3rd or 4th line ...and motte played very well with beagel , so dont see that changing motte/beagle

• Cheers 1

Possible?

Sutter - buyout (free up cap to get another D)

Eriksson - Utica

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Gaudette

Motte - Hawryluk - Virtanen

Roussel - Beagle - MacEwen

Lind

Hughes - Schmidt

Edler - Myers

Juolevi - ??

Benn

Rafferty

Not sure about Gaud or Virt in that #2RW spot though