The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Jayce Hawryluk

17 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Possible?

Sutter - buyout (free up cap to get another D)

Eriksson - Utica

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Gaudette

Motte - Hawryluk - Virtanen

Roussel - Beagle - MacEwen

Lind

Hughes - Schmidt

Edler - Myers

Juolevi - ??

Benn

Rafferty

Not sure about Gaud or Virt in that #2RW spot though

I was actually thinking the same thing the other day.  I think we have all just put Gaudette on the third because he's there on the C depth chart, but based on his skillset he may actually be much better served as a W in the top 6.  He's not as much of a defensive C as we thought, but doesn't get the offensive opportunities that he likely needs.  This may actually fill that need nicely.

Edited by Kobayashi Maru
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

Perfect. A possible right shot center with an abrasive game. I think a possible Sutter deal with some salary retained may be in the mix. Put Baertschi and LE in the minors and save a portion of their cap this year. I think we are good at forwards.

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Other than he's cheap and young, I don't get this signing. Is it in case Gaudette doesn't re-sign? Is Sutter being traded?

He doesn't have size and doesn't produce, an extra C in Utica just in case?

Just Depth.  Both rosters, Canucks and Comets, will need to be filled.  Seems like a Utica signing that will fill in when injuries occur, but we'll see.  

Love the signing. People say this guy is undersized, but he certainly doesn't play like it. He's really quite similar to Motte in that regard. Nice pickup.

The issue with Gaudette on the 2nd is that Green often plays that line against strong opposition lines. From what I've seen so far, I wonder if Gaudette would impede that line's 2-way game. I do, however, support moving him to wing, and appreciate another year of training and experience might lessen his deficiencies.

If Ferland was healthy, he would be an option there. Just saying. 

18 minutes ago, x00x said:

well jay beagle will be 3rd or 4th line ...and motte played very well with beagel , so dont see that changing motte/beagle

Where do I talk about Beagle...of course he is the #4C and of course Motte is the 4th LW with macEwen likely the 4th RW...

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

189lbs of approval.

Seems like I’ve been getting my roster-wish of having a physically capable team to cheer for. Thanks JB. 

Does he hit much? I looked on hockeyfights to see what he has done in that department, which was next to nothing when your fighting Point in the WHL and 1 AHL fight since turning pro, so that won't be something he brings to our organization 

5 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Where do I talk about Beagle...of course he is the #4C and of course Motte is the 4th LW with macEwen likely the 4th RW...

There is lots of time left for JB to sculpt that bottom 6, plus the depth that follows. 

I’m hoping it’s Sutter who is gone. 

I’m also still optimistic for a package trade consisting of players like Virtanen or Gawd + to fill that 3rd line spot with Adam Lowry. 

If we get Lowry and Savard, I’ll be in fan heaven. 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?

Pointless signing.

we have no bottom three forwards (Under contract) in the farm? After Six years of drafting you’d think we’d have guys that could fill this role.
But if it mean the foundational sutter leaves then fantastic. 
if sutter stays then just another Of the many pointless Line up Plug signings. 

cap for JV or gaudette doesn’t look great. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3
  • Wat 9