The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Adam Gaudette

18 minutes ago, Gaudette Celly said:

Figured his re-up wouldn't be much, maybe around $1.2mil, but to be still under $1mil is great.

I was also expecting $1.2 +/-...

16 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

What I expected after seeing the Jost signing, but even cheaper than I expected!

Hilarious that people thought we were going break 4.5 million between him and Jake. Once again, another RFA signed for cheaper than what has been projected in the past to try and create panic over our cap space.

Some people really haven't been paying attention to what's happening. Can't wait for the fears of $10m+ contracts for Hughes and Pettersson to come in WAY lower lol

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

Pretty good deal.  He's gotten better every year and should improve.

It's too bad we have cap problems, it would have been neat to lock him up for multiple seasons in light of having to negotiate with Pettersson/Hughes/Demko next year.

Just now, Alain Vigneault said:

Pretty good deal.  He's gotten better every year and should improve.

It's too bad we have cap problems, it would have been neat to lock him up for multiple seasons in light of having to negotiate with Pettersson/Hughes/Demko next year.

Lol he's still an RFA after this year

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Trade does for sure need to happen though. right now if we send Eriksson, Baertschi and Benn to the minors we have 1.9 mil to sign Jake. 

Is that according to CapFriendly?  If yes, then they are showing about $1.05M in space with the cap hits of all three players you mentioned counted.  Their numbers also include Jack Rathbone at $0.925M so subtracting him bumps up cap space to about $2M.  If management demotes Eriksson and Baertschi (not Benn), then unless I'm mistaken, the Canucks should have $1.075M of cap savings for each of them which bumps up their cap space to about $2.45M factoring in bonuses and overages.

Assuming Virtanen is signing for $2M to $2.45M, the Canucks might not need to make a trade to fit him but they also won't be able to afford to keep a 21 person roster unless they demote someone like Benn.  If the Canucks intend to tinker with the roster any more, then they have to make a trade.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Why do you care about asking? I was just curious, plain and simple.

Remember what I said about social media?:ph34r:

I could be wrong but, perhaps it has to do with his next contract?

What if A.G scores 20g 30a next year and goes to arbitration?

That 50k could be vital?

His q.o would be 105% of previous contract?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Why bother posting if you're not gonna answer the question?

23 minutes ago, buddyguy said:

Why are you asking a question that you shouldn't have to care about? Lol.

21 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Why do you care about asking? I was just curious, plain and simple.

567108745_MOREPOPCORN.jpg.e3c8c483d83ede6a9c63491fb26f14db.jpg

• Haha 3