The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Adam Gaudette

51 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He had 33 points in only 59 games last year so this is a great deal for the Canucks. I was expecting it to be closer to $1.2 million...

Of all the players not to pay high on especially during a pandemic isn't the RFA one you have some control over costs?

I doubt they play 59 games next year, so if one was to prorate how many games he will play next year, he is well paid, especially with stadium half empty or ?

Pay use to be determined on 84 games played and so many home dates, revenue and growth

I'm not going to suggest that he will be dealt....(or even that I'd 'want' him to be...)

But if they were to deal him, as, for example, a principal in a deal for a guy like Foote (or other young RHD) ..then, this is a nice moveable Covid context cap hit.

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

I'm not going to suggest that he will be dealt....(or even that I'd 'want' him to be...)

But if they were to deal him, as, for example, a principal in a deal for a guy like Foote (or other young RHD) ..then, this is a nice moveable Covid context cap hit.

I had the same thought.  This cap hit and correspondingly low qualifying offer amount make him a potentially great trade chip, especially if he can build off last year.

40 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Huge year for him this season.  Lots of pressure and opportunity.  

Can’t see Canucks committing to him as 3C if he doesn’t take the next step but it could be all his if he turns it on. 

adam's has a history of surpassing expectation at every level he has played. 5th rd draft pick to hobey baker. love his hustle and determination.

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Think he's going to sneakily hit 15 goals and 40 points this year, he looks like he's on the verge of a breakout and no Toffoli means there's ice team to be had between him, Virtanen and hopefully Leivo.

Gaudette could hit 40?  He is capable of the offense.  

My thoughts are he may not earn the ice time to do it.  Skate hard enough, win more battles, create some chances on sheer effort. 

He has been sheltered a bit to get him involved.  That will have to improve, be able to be in more situations. Tougher match ups and win them?

If he is going to get over 40 points.  There are only so many easy shifts, in the O'zone against a 3rd or 4th line. 

Which should be for plum pickings for our top line by default if you had a choice... 

3 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Gaudette could hit 40?  He is capable of the offense.  

My thoughts are he may not earn the ice time to do it.  Skate hard enough, win more battles, create some chances on sheer effort. 

He has been sheltered a bit to get him involved.  That will have to improve, be able to be in more situations. Tougher match ups and win them?

If he is going to get over 40 points.  There are only so many easy shifts, in the O'zone against a 3rd or 4th line. 

Which should be for plum pickings for our top line by default if you had a choice... 

Erm well...

59gp 12g 21a 33points.

So every 20gp he scores 11points

20gp X 4 = 80

4 X 11= 44 points as a 3rd liner.

• Cheers 1

Clarification?

I dont think he is a lazy player.  I dont think he is a bad player either.  And he can score! 

But we dont see him get in some one's face like Kesler or Burrows used to? Or bust his ass to back check, take a hit in front of the net as we even see Petey do.

I think he needs to be more aggressive., commit to those activities.  Versus just play in the safe neutral zone. Have line mates who know it, have his back. Motte does it, Beagle...