Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Adam Gaudette

9 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Which is likely why Gaud wouldn't have agreed to more than one year.  Prefer this to what we did with Hutton and Stecher, with the qualifying offer ending up being too high.

It wasn't really the qualifying offer the issue but the potential arbitration award.  They both had a case to get more than their worth on the open market.  Gaudette will have arbitration rights in a year and could file.  This year his production would have warranted an award a fair bit higher than the 950K he took.    

• Hydration 2

2 minutes ago, mll said:

It wasn't really the qualifying offer the issue but the potential arbitration award.  They both had a case to get more than their worth on the open market.  Gaudette will have arbitration rights in a year and could file.  This year his production would have warranted an award a fair bit higher than the 950K he took.    

Confident Gawd? 

14 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

A 950k 0.5 PPG young C vs a ? in cost, streaky player. 
I think I know a safe bet when I see one.

But value-wise or trade value-wise... I think it’s probably JV, but with some ifs and buts, which AG doesn’t require, IMO. 

Jake also has a longer history of 10, 15, and 18 goals. So you have some level of certainly of what his floor is. So that in a GMs mind probably has move value than Gaud's projected production. 

I've liked the idea of moving Jake for an RFA or cost controlled (e.g., 2 or 3 years left on a deal) right side d for a while now so if that happens I'll be thrilled. 

• Upvote 1

If he is half as good as the last guy to change his number to 96 here, we'll all be very happy.

On 10/19/2020 at 4:11 PM, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Nice.

NOW TRY HIM ON HORVAT'S FREAKIN' WING FFS!!!

Never mind Horvat’s wing, Gauds is eyeing up that RW slot alongside Petey:

• Hydration 3

Little bit of self confident swagger there .... I like it!! (Goes with the Superman celly)

8 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

IMO he could do real well at a top 6 RW spot. He has a shot and puts a lot of effort into forechecking.  

• Hydration 1

10 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Don't see him as a C at this level and would be happy to see him tried out on either/both top 6 wings.